Battery Life - Seriously?

Jcook54

Reaction score
I know it's already been mentioned but I run Launcher Pro and don't have any issues with battery life. I can unplug the phone with 90% left and use it all day. I don't do anything beyond normal browsing, phone but do play Angry Birds a lot and the battery seems fine. Needless to say, something's not right and the battery life is much better than what you are experiencing. Once you get it figured out you'll love the X.

lterry913

Reaction score
or maybe it is the battery ...go to verizon and have them swap it out and see... i gan guarantee they don't want to lose a customer over a battery...I use launcher pro wit no prob but not heard of the other app being used. go into privacy settings and uncheck my location... maybe one of the apps uses that alot...and see if there is a difference...also check email push/pull settings this is often set to every fifteen 15 minutes or more...set for and hour or longer if email not so important SYNC can also be a big offender so check that out and may be just force a sync when you want to check face booketc.

isired

Reaction score
my battery life is great now that i'm turning GPS off then on again after an app uses it (i use the 'power control' widget). note that the little GPS icon up top goes on and off when it should ALWAYS, but the GPS keeps running anyway, so you have to manually toggle it off and either leave it off, or just turn it right back on, where it will wait until it's called on again. I had the phone at the beach all day about 5-6 times in teh last few weeks, light phone usage (2-3 calls, none more than 5 min), took 15-20 pics/movies (always toggling GPS off/on after), listened to music for probably 2 hrs, send/rec a dozen or so texts and check scores etc. online and social networking widget. on those days, unplugged for good at about 9-10a, didn't get back to plug in until 10-11p, battery at anywhere from 60-90%.

Only thing that I've found that will mess this up is being in a bad signal area, where the phone is constantly searching for a signal - but I'll still get all day, but I'll be at 20 or 30%. I do have another battery, it's extended, but I've been using the stock battery mostly.

Reaction score
build.prop file update really added longer battery life to my droid x. i get a day and a half out of it now

also i added some setcpu profiles and this thing runs great. Battery life before was only about 13-14 hours
how do I do that?

Also I've removed the check in my location and shortened my screen timeout to 15 sec..I'm basically trying everything if its bit better by fri I'll try a new battery since I'm under 30 days of ownership....fyi I use no social networking so that is all off..

Lastly I did use the tips from yesterday and it did run better but two long calls forced an early charge at 7 pm about 12 hours after I took it off the charger for the day

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Go get a new battery from verizon. Do a factory reset on the phone and do not install any apps. See what happens for a day.

Its not rocket science, a rogue app is killing your battery, just remove all apps and start fresh. I can tell you for a fact that it isnt launcherpro. I have no idea what imeasy is, but if its an IM client it will rape your battery with constant bg usage.

liferefugee

Reaction score
build.prop file update really added longer battery life to my droid x. i get a day and a half out of it now

also i added some setcpu profiles and this thing runs great. Battery life before was only about 13-14 hours

I would also like to know what you did here... could you point us to some info or kindly expand on what was updated (manual or auto update?)

Reaction score
Go get a new battery from verizon. Do a factory reset on the phone and do not install any apps. See what happens for a day.

Its not rocket science, a rogue app is killing your battery, just remove all apps and start fresh. I can tell you for a fact that it isnt launcherpro. I have no idea what imeasy is, but if its an IM client it will rape your battery with constant bg usage.

launcher pro was a mistake. that is NOT eating the battery. it was imeasy ( IM client ) that is gone along with all apps minus flashlight, pandora, shazam, handcent, notepad, barcode scanner i left these since they have been generally regarded as safe. i also did the *228 thing to try to help out right now im "running" at 68.4% ,display is 58% cell standby is 27% i rebooted my phone at 12 so its only been on for 3hrs and 45 min but i took it off the charger at 730 this morning and the battery is at 80% so long story short the battery thread along with this one has helped me out alot

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score

launcher pro was a mistake. that is NOT eating the battery. it was imeasy ( IM client ) that is gone along with all apps minus flashlight, pandora, shazam, handcent, notepad, barcode scanner i left these since they have been generally regarded as safe. i also did the *228 thing to try to help out right now im "running" at 68.4% ,display is 58% cell standby is 27% i rebooted my phone at 12 so its only been on for 3hrs and 45 min but i took it off the charger at 730 this morning and the battery is at 80% so long story short the battery thread along with this one has helped me out alot

Interesting. On my DInc, I had to get rid of Handcent for adding to my already poor battery life, but also, it was causing the dreaded out of memory error on that device. I'm so afraid to put it on my DX because of those issues. Your experience, although with a different client, kind of scares me.

searayman

Reaction score

you need root for setcpu right?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I did that build prop two days ago and I have noticed a little worse battery life than before. I also stopped using ATK though, not sure which one is causing it.

OP
P

pilatus

Reaction score
I know that you are not supposed to need one, but I downloaded an app killer anyway just to see. It seems to have solved the prob.

kennyc

Reaction score
Just doing some browsing here with the DX with wi-fi off and it is getting really warm at the bottom, back. Just turned wi-fi on....lets see if the temp changes at all.

steveomac

Reaction score
I honestly dont see whats so bad about the battery on the droid phones.

thats all I kept hearing before I got mine is how bad the battery is and after I got it, it isnt bad at all. Sure it could use a improvement but overall, its great.

I get a whole day out of it with causal use of the internet (checking sites on my break at work, or checking my facebook, the market for new apps) and I turn my wi-fi on when I get home.

by the end of the night its at like 30% battery and I charger it at night so its ready for the next day.