Battery Life - Seriously?

pilatus

Reaction score
I'm sure this subject has been ran into the ground, but I still haven't seen a straight forward answer. I fully charged my Droid X, unplugged it, and didn't use it for 3 hours. no txt, no surfing, no talking. Looking at the phone the battery was then at 15%. Battery usage screen says
Display- 38%
Cell standby- 31%
Phone idle- 10%
Gps is turned OFF
Wi Fi is turned OFF
The other night I went to bed with it fully charged, and like an idiot thought I could use it for an alarm clock. Needless to say it died sometime during the night. I now use my old ENV 3 for an alarm. while the Droid sits on life support at night.

Where do I check for and control other running programs?
Is this as good as it gets? If so, I have a brand new Droid X paperweight for sale.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What is your screen brightness set to?

Are you in an area where you don't have good reception?

Jamb

Reaction score
I have my brightness at 15% and turned GPS,Wifi off,I went into applcation and turned off about 15 different ones I was not using and spent all day recieving emails. i then used the phone about an hours of time usage and surfed the net about 1-1/2 hours came home it's on 60%.

OP
P

pilatus

Reaction score
The screen is set to the lowest setting, and I have it set to shut off after 30 sec.
I have 3G and 4 bars. I also set the phone to battery saver mode yesterday.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Go to your dial pad and type *#*#4636#*#* and go to your battery history and see if there are other things using battery life. Do you have any widgets updating? I have beautiful widgets and I notice my battery life has gotten worse since installing, but not enough to not use it. I can still go a good day and a half maybe more. Searching for 3g signal will really drain the battery, I always keep wifi on at home much less battery drain. I never have GPS on or bluetooth. Did you leave an internet browser up polling your location from cell signal? Under location settings turn off the use cell towers thing.

Reaction score
Go to your dial pad and type *#*#4636#*#* and go to your battery history and see if there are other things using battery life. Do you have any widgets updating? I have beautiful widgets and I notice my battery life has gotten worse since installing, but not enough to not use it. I can still go a good day and a half maybe more. Searching for 3g signal will really drain the battery, I always keep wifi on at home much less battery drain. I never have GPS on or bluetooth. Did you leave an internet browser up polling your location from cell signal? Under location settings turn off the use cell towers thing.

ive done this before but now i realize that the battery history says 98.3% is running but i cant tell whats still running... i have launcher plus and imeasy and handcent set up. no widgets running aside from the power one. battery set to saver mode. screen brightness set all the way down and screen to turn off after 15 seconds. i really need to fix this i do txt alot and as long as im by a computer i check email via that. one phone convo a day ( gf usually for 10 min ) no gps or wifi enabled as well. this is just really annoying at this point. i love this phone but it doesnt look cool on the charger in my room i am about to give up

Mr X

Reaction score
update: just removed imeasy and launcher pro..... apparently they do not allow your device to sleep

I've never heard that about Launcher Pro.. anyone else? I'm running Launcher Pro Plus, if that changes anything. Oh and also, I HAVE heard that Handcent has a real problem truly backgrounding. In other words, that might be the culprit. Try uninstalling that tonight, charge your phone over night again and then test the battery tomorrow.

Reaction score
I removed launcher and Imeasy I'll report back tomorrow I'm going this fixes it although the point of this phone is for customization in all aspects of the device if I have to keep it bare bones until out savior.version 2.2 comes then I will..... Ill reply back in the afternoon guys thanks for the info

mac16

Reaction score
You definitely have some apps gathering data in the background.

I have only had my phone for like 6 days, and the battery is getting better each day.

Today before I charged it was at 40 hours since unplugged. My daily use consists of a little web browsing and some games as well.....

tmushy

Reaction score
build.prop file update really added longer battery life to my droid x. i get a day and a half out of it now

also i added some setcpu profiles and this thing runs great. Battery life before was only about 13-14 hours

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I can also tell you that battery saver mode is a waste of time. I run performance all the time and never see a difference. As far as launcher pro I am not sure I used it for a little while but uninstalled because I saw it to be pointless and like the stock launcher just fine. I know sometimes my phone wont sleep when wifi is on and it can't get a signal from my router. But that is the routers fault not the phone. I guess see how it does after taking those programs off and let us know.

tmushy

Reaction score
I can also tell you that battery saver mode is a waste of time. I run performance all the time and never see a difference. As far as launcher pro I am not sure I used it for a little while but uninstalled because I saw it to be pointless and like the stock launcher just fine. I know sometimes my phone wont sleep when wifi is on and it can't get a signal from my router. But that is the routers fault not the phone. I guess see how it does after taking those programs off and let us know.

I also find no point in launcher pro stock one works fine. I do find that the phone does have some issues that hopefully they fix in the next update. i constantly lose 3g and the phone reception just stops working sometimes

garath

Reaction score
Launcher Pro doesn't keep your phone awake. I've never heard of imeasy. That might be the culprit.