battery life seems horrible on new bb

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by mikeew83, Sep 23, 2010.

1. mikeew83

mikeew83 New Member

tried running bbv5 after the 3 months wait honestly seems like this was quickly thrown together with not much put in. The battery itself i found myself needing to charge after only 7-8 hours of low-moderate usage. going to def switch. I appreciate pete dont take this post as a knock against the dev just my experience with the rom. just not at all pleased.
  2. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy New Member

im starting to doubt your dedication to sparklemotion.
  3. SupAll

SupAll New Member

Have you considered that it might be the stock kernel? Try something else. I tend to get improved battery life with P3Droid or Chevy's
  4. superstang28

superstang28 New Member

had the same issue, switched to a chevy kernel, solved my problems.
  5. astaccz

astaccz New Member

Which Chevy kernel did you use? Was it the older ones or the newer ones he post with as 4.8
    I have the new on he posted and battery drops more quick but not near dead. I would like to run p3 but his kernels dnt work with tempmonitor even tho it says it is supported on download page.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  6. superstang28

superstang28 New Member

I am using the ultra low voltage 1 ghz kernel. Downlaoded it from ROM manager. Says 2.6.32 in front of it when i check kernel version in about phone
  7. astaccz

astaccz New Member

I am running the same. All kernels I have tried bb 5 still runs choppy. It may be the interactive governer that is making the battery die. If I try ondemand the done is way to unresponsive. I do not know what is going on with bb
  8. lee__D

lee__D New Member

stock kernel has been awesome for me. 3.5 hrs unplugeed (light-light/mod usage)and at 80%
  9. jgrubbs

jgrubbs New Member

same here, was going to see how stock played out and right now im at 16 hrs with about 50% percent left w/ light to normal use. will still probably go back to my trusty 1.2 lv chevy kernal as it loves my phone. normally get at least 24-36 hrs on a charge with my normal use. stock does run a lil warmer on mine tho.
  10. markwebb

markwebb New Member

Jaw drop! :icon_eek:

I NEVER get beyond 10 hours with light/moderate usage no matter which kernel, ROM, etc.

Conversely, if phone is resting, it can theoretically last me 24 hours ... but w/o any kind of use.
  11. jgrubbs

jgrubbs New Member

normally i can make it a whole day and have to charge in the morning, i know everyones use is different and its hard to judge on here what light to moderate to heavy is cause we all use our phones different. this is the longest i made it before i had to charge and i still had 15 %......

and i just looked at my phone now and its at 18 hours and 40 % battery left. im pleased with that. and tahts the stock kernal too. gonna load the chevy 1.2lv later. phone just likes that kernal for some reason.
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2010