1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Battery Life questions

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by ukyfan, Feb 28, 2011.

1. ukyfan

ukyfan Premium Member Premium Member

Is there much of a difference in the battery life of PE5 verses PE 4.*? Right now I am still on 4.2, and I absolutely love it except for one issue. While at work I like to stream radio stations to my BT headset while I work. Now I don't have a problem doing it, but my battery drops from 100% down to as low as 40% while it is still plugged into a wall charger. I just got a new Samsung Galaxy Tab (unrooted) that I have started bringing with me to work and I will do the same with it, but with no battery drain what so ever.
  2. Stelv

Stelv New Member

Hello. Battery life is good for me on both 5 and 4.2, but I had to wipe my batt stats from recovery on a full charge and then let drain all the way again. I play shoutcast radio through winamp often. I also only have mms and gosms locked into memory. You may get a little better battery life out of 4.2 as froyo isn't as much as a resource hog as gingerbread is.
  3. theplantman

theplantman New Member

Yeah, I would say I got better battery life on froyo. I have switched kernals like 5 times just to see if there is a difference. Don't get me wrong, it isn't bad. I can still get thru most of a day without charging but definitly for me anyway, I probably got 20% or so better battery life prior to Gingerbread.
  4. Paleogirl2003

Paleogirl2003 New Member

Thanks for the tip, definitely cleared it when it wasn't 100% and I've been at "5%" for about five/six hours haha. I'll try redoing it as you suggested.

Anyone know if using multiple batteries screws up the stats/gives false readings about battery life. I'm always switching between my two batteries, and one of them seems better than the other, despite the fact one is only a month older than the other

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  5. AdamPA1006

AdamPA1006 New Member

Yup I cleared battery stats when it was full and have been sitting on 5% for a while also, tryin to burn it down :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  6. ukyfan

ukyfan Premium Member Premium Member

Well my battery life isn't as bad now that I am using my tab to stream my music so I might go ahead and install 5.* here soon.