Battery Life questions

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by ukyfan, Feb 28, 2011.

1. ukyfan

ukyfan Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Is there much of a difference in the battery life of PE5 verses PE 4.*? Right now I am still on 4.2, and I absolutely love it except for one issue. While at work I like to stream radio stations to my BT headset while I work. Now I don't have a problem doing it, but my battery drops from 100% down to as low as 40% while it is still plugged into a wall charger. I just got a new Samsung Galaxy Tab (unrooted) that I have started bringing with me to work and I will do the same with it, but with no battery drain what so ever.

2. Stelv

Stelv Silver Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Hello. Battery life is good for me on both 5 and 4.2, but I had to wipe my batt stats from recovery on a full charge and then let drain all the way again. I play shoutcast radio through winamp often. I also only have mms and gosms locked into memory. You may get a little better battery life out of 4.2 as froyo isn't as much as a resource hog as gingerbread is.

3. theplantman

theplantman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I would say I got better battery life on froyo. I have switched kernals like 5 times just to see if there is a difference. Don't get me wrong, it isn't bad. I can still get thru most of a day without charging but definitly for me anyway, I probably got 20% or so better battery life prior to Gingerbread.

4. Paleogirl2003

Paleogirl2003 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the tip, definitely cleared it when it wasn't 100% and I've been at "5%" for about five/six hours haha. I'll try redoing it as you suggested.

Anyone know if using multiple batteries screws up the stats/gives false readings about battery life. I'm always switching between my two batteries, and one of them seems better than the other, despite the fact one is only a month older than the other

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

5. AdamPA1006

AdamPA1006 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Yup I cleared battery stats when it was full and have been sitting on 5% for a while also, tryin to burn it down :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

6. ukyfan

ukyfan Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Well my battery life isn't as bad now that I am using my tab to stream my music so I might go ahead and install 5.* here soon.