Battery life problems with blurless

Droidcutie

Reaction score
Has anyone been experiencing increasingly less battery life after flashing darkslide blurless????
I just started using it last night. Along with the android platform upgrade. Basically my battery life is non existing. Don't know what to do cause i love this rom.
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been experiencing increasingly less battery life after flashing darkslide blurless????
I just started using it last night. Along with the android platform upgrade. Basically my battery life is non existing. Don't know what to do cause i love this rom.

First off, welcome :)

And I'm very sorry your having issues with battery life. We don't see many of these posts for DarkSlide. I run blurred version and get up to 48+hrs on mine. NattyBee, the other DarkSlide supporter here get very good battery life on his as well.

Did you try fully charging it over night and then wiping battery stats. Sometimes it's needed/helps after an install of a new ROM.

Do you have any anti virus or taskillers running on your phone?

Uncle Chan

Reaction score
I get 12-20 hrs. Same as stock. No complaints.

DJSpikezz

Reaction score
It's your battery. Buy a new one. I'm not going into details but will keep it as simple as this.

I've played with Liberty 1.5 and Darkslide Blur and blurless 4.2. FYI.

I have ROM manager and have backups of both at the most current state with the most updated apps etc.

Tonight: 40% with Darkslide

decide I wanted to switch to my latest backup of Liberty 1.5

Tonight: (2 mins later) my notification LED is flashing red saying I have 10% battery left.

Uncle Chan, for ****'s and giggles does this make sence to you?? please explain this one. I know Liberty 1.5 is currently having people currently run a battery test to help improve battery life on their ROM, but I love yours cause it's more stable then the Statue of Liberty. ;) You think I should be reseting battery stats as well?? cause going from 40% battery with DS rom vs. Lib 1.5 rom at 10 or 15% battery life seems crazy.. I even have my overclock set exactly the same.. I have apps and everything set exactly the same.

Switch back to my current save of Darkslide 4.2 Blur and even blurless current saves (BOTH) and still have 40%....

So if you think your having battery problems with darkslide... it's not, it's definitely your battery. I'll put my family's life on that one.

Last edited:

jellybean420

Reaction score
It's your battery. Buy a new one. I'm not going into details but will keep it as simple as this.

I have ROM manager and have backups of both at the most current state with the most updated apps etc.

Tonight: (2 mins later) my notification LED is flashing red saying I have 10% battery left.

Uncle Chan, for ****'s and giggles does this make sence to you?? please explain this one. I know Liberty 1.5 is currently having people currently run a battery test to help improve battery life on their ROM, but I love yours cause it's more stable then the Statue of Liberty. ;) You think I should be reseting battery stats as well?? cause going from 40% battery with DS rom vs. Lib 1.5 rom at 10 or 15% battery life seems crazy.. I even have my overclock set exactly the same.. I have apps and everything set exactly the same.

Switch back to my current save of Darkslide 4.2 Blur and even blurless current saves (BOTH) and still have 40%....

So if you think your having battery problems with darkslide... it's not, it's definitely your battery. I'll put my family's life on that one.

And you can to that conclusion how? Every user has a different experience. It doesn't matter how many other people have the problem. You judgment was solely based on an opinion. And furthermore he didn't even provide you with enough information to prove its his battery.

DJSpikezz

Reaction score
Regardless "Jellybean" What I posted is for the DS clan and for anyone else.. It may not come across that way. Yes it was a reply to someone and their comment on battery life.

But to be honest... the majority of ROM users that have a Droid X..

#1 Liberty 1.5
#2 Fabulous's Apex ROM
#3 (in my opinion) DarkSlide (according to Droid-life.com's recent poll on what ROOTed Droid X people are using.

Regardless, my results are from pure proness... know Jellybean, if your from Emerald Dream STFU, if that makes no sence.. then ignore what I just said ;)

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score

I don't quite understand your comparison and numbers. I'm trying to, but don't.

I have gotten almost 48 hours with Liberty and 2 day 22 hrs with DarkSlide. So to me

they both get excellent battery life. And if I were going to be away from a charger for

2+ days I would probably want DarkSlide on my phone. But there are other things that

can be tried before replacing the battery.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score

And you can to that conclusion how? Every user has a different experience. It doesn't matter how many other people have the problem. You judgment was solely based on an opinion. And furthermore he didn't even provide you with enough information to prove its his battery.

I agree with this^^^

And yes, everyone has a different setup and phones respond completely different to different ROM's.

This is why comparing one persons battery life to another persons battery life is pretty much useless. Now,

I can compare all the ROM's on my phone and their battery life, cause most likely I will have close to the

same setup on the phone, app and setting wise no matter what ROM I'm running.

eewny

Reaction score
Im not going to argue either side of if a certain rom kills battery more.

I will say try to remove widgets you don't use, screen timeout set to really low, and keep topping off your battery.

Lithium batteries don't like to be fully discharged. It actually hurts them. Older rechargable batteries.like nicad and maybe even nimh are meant to be drained and charged so they don't get a memory.

So anyone who says they get over a day and a half or what ever the case, just make sure not to go to the bitter end unless you really have to.

Just pop it in the charging cradle everynight or when you can.

If you keep fully discharging you may see battery quality drop regardless of the rom

Sent from my DROIDX using my mind

OP
D

Droidcutie

Reaction score
Thanks pm much

Uncle Chan

Reaction score
I only said that I get the same battery life as with the stock ROM. Nothing else. It isn't even up for discussion. It just is.