Battery life on MIUI

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I've already told u what to do to calibrate.

Put a different kernel. Use setcpu and set up profiles. All this I told u already... the hard part is getting u to do it.

Wipe batt stats. Fully charge... fully drain... fully charge... fully drain... use normally afterward. If during calibration u plug it in for a short charge... u screwed up... redo it

sent from a rogue droid

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Dalvik cache is different. Do that after a few days use after calibrating

sent from a rogue droid

Z

ZeroBarrier

Put a different kernel. Use setcpu and set up profiles. All this I told u already... the hard part is getting u to do it.

Wipe batt stats. Fully charge... fully drain... fully charge... fully drain... use normally afterward. If during calibration u plug it in for a short charge... u screwed up... redo it

sent from a rogue droid

Using a different kernel and setCPU has nothing to do with recalibrating the battery.

I, for instance, don't use SetCPU, I have my own file that OC's my CPU on boot up and sets the governor to interactive (I'm using slayher's kernel); then I let the system take care of the rest. Stock android CPU scaling works beautifully.

Z

ZeroBarrier

sent from a rogue droid

I keep reading this and it baffles me. Do you people know that the dalvik-cache only holds the dex files for the apps installed on your phone? The only reason to wipe the dalvik-cache is if you have it littered with old dex files from apps you've long gotten rid of; it would have no bearing what-so-ever on battery life or system "snappiness"...

BostonDroid

Reaction score
One thing that might make me get rid of this rom is the battery life. I'm at 40% right now and the phone was taken off the charger around 7am this morning. This is all with normal use...I used to be able to come home at 8pm and still have 50%. Maybe I should be looking into buying a new battery since I've had this one day one droid came out...

JLangevin

Reaction score
It is quite possible that your battery is going bad. I dont recall how many cycles the battery is rated for, but I know in a year, there would be quite a few racked up on the cell.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

sent from a rogue droid

Using a different kernel and setCPU has nothing to do with recalibrating the battery.

I, for instance, don't use SetCPU, I have my own file that OC's my CPU on boot up and sets the governor to interactive (I'm using slayher's kernel); then I let the system take care of the rest. Stock android CPU scaling works beautifully.

Yeah.. no crap. Didn't say it did

sent from a rogue droid

Droidfish

Reaction score
One thing that might make me get rid of this rom is the battery life. I'm at 40% right now and the phone was taken off the charger around 7am this morning. This is all with normal use...I used to be able to come home at 8pm and still have 50%. Maybe I should be looking into buying a new battery since I've had this one day one droid came out...

Keep us posted if you do, I'm in the same boat as you: Old droid, bad battery life, Not quite sure it's MIUI

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

sent from a rogue droid

I keep reading this and it baffles me. Do you people know that the dalvik-cache only holds the dex files for the apps installed on your phone? The only reason to wipe the dalvik-cache is if you have it littered with old dex files from apps you've long gotten rid of; it would have no bearing what-so-ever on battery life or system "snappiness"...

Proof? It frees up some memory is why I do it. O have noticed lil improvement on battery life

sent from a rogue droid

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I don't use slayer kernels and I like profile features and info tab in setCPU. I do tthings different than zb... with great results

sent from a rogue droid

Z

ZeroBarrier

Proof? It frees up some memory is why I do it. O have noticed lil improvement on battery life

sent from a rogue droid

The dalvik-cache is exactly what it's name says. A cache of .dex files for the DalvikVM (Dalvik Virtual Machine). Multiple classes are included in a single .dex file. Duplicate strings and other constants used in multiple class files are included only once in the .dex output to conserve space. Java bytecode is also converted into an alternate instruction set used by the Dalvik VM (Dalvik bytecode). An uncompressed .dex file is typically a few percent smaller in size than a compressed .jar (Java Archive) derived from the same .class files.

The .dex files in this cache don't change until you update an app; then the system in turn creates a new .dex file for the updated app.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
And... how is that proof of no effect on battery use? Nice little write up though... like a Wikipedia lesson or something

sent from a rogue droid

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
This subject seems to be touching a nerve here. I don't want this thread going south. So let's keep this to reporting battery life issues. If things get hostile thread will be closed.

Sent from somewhere...