Battery life on MIUI

Discussion in 'Team D1-MIUI' started by o Fi1thy, Oct 29, 2010.

1. willmoneystacks

willmoneystacks New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My battery life is okay, I got 10 hours basically just texting and turning on the wifi occasionally to check fantasy scores. When I look at the battery use, number 1 is display and number 2 is Android system at 15%. It says it used to CPU for over 30 minutes and doesn't seem to be normal on other devices. Does anyone know why this would happen?

2. ipadl

ipadl Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys,

I went ahead and tested my battery life over the weekend on MIUI v6. I cleared the dalvik cache(s) and reset the battery stats when the battery was at 100%, then went through two entire discharge and charge cycles. The first cycle was actually pretty good. I spent between 1-1.5 hours on the phone w/ my bluetooth headset, playing podcasts in the car, checking email, downloading apps, etc. I ended up getting approximately 6 hours of use with med-high usage. I was pretty pleased with this. The second charge was much worse. On the second charge, I made it approximately 3.5 hours from 100% to when it turned off. Last night, I put it on the charger at approximately 5% battery, and took it off this morning when I got up. I walked upstairs, ate a bowl of cereal and realized that I had already dropped 20% of my battery. The phone had only been off the charger for 10 minutes. I hadn't done ANYTHING except check to see if I had any email.

Processes that were using the majority of the battery after 10 minutes were android.process.acore at 32%, Email at around 30%, and screen at 26%.

I am running the Slayher 800 MHz kernel, and am running underclocked at 400Mhz. Screen is dim, not sure what other settings would help at this point.

I have read a few other posts where others have had good luck with other kernels, so that might be my next attempt unless somebody has any better ideas?

Thanks,

Seth

3. yakitori

yakitori Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10
    That doesn't sound normal. Try flashing a different Rom for a couple days and observe again. If it persists... consider replacing your battery

sent from a rogue droid

4. ipadl

ipadl Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Willdo. SS 4.9 just came out, and while I don't think I'll like it as much, it's worth a shot.

Thanks,

Seth

5. smabe

smabe New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a similar problem. I did some traveling today and when I left my droid was at ~70% battery. and then about 5 mins down the road all of the sudden it shot down to 20%. Not really sure what is wrong I doubt my battery is dying because the phone is only about 6 months old, but who knows I've had stranger things happen.

6. ipadl

ipadl Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've moved over to SS 4.9 and also the latest ShadowROM. No battery issues whatsoever. I'm thinking that this is ROM related. I'd be curious to know what other people are finding and whether good battery life is consistent with this ROM. If anybody has any additional info, let me know. I may try out juice defender to see if that helps also...

7. droidbionic

droidbionic Member

Ratings:
    +0
    all versions of MIUI have horrible battery life

8. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +1,820
    Twitter:
    jstaff79
    I wouldn't say its horrible.

I can go 12hrs with pretty heavy usage sometimes.
    My standard is 10% an hr with heavy usage. If it does this or better I'm cool with it. And so far have gotten this or better with V6.3

Sent from somewhere...

9. TedWilliams

TedWilliams Member

Born in Cambridge, MA but now live in Portland, OR
    Ratings:
    +0
    Totally agree. I don't know how some people are having such bad battery life experiences with this rom. I normally get 12-15 hours per day, and that's with pretty hefty usage. The only thing I can think of is that some of those people who are using setcpu are using their profiles incorrectly? I don't know. I used to be an avid user of setcpu up until miui came out, and I've noticed that I haven't needed it. In fact, I uninstalled setcpu after the second update of the miui v2 came out.

10. yakitori

yakitori Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10
    I got 18 hrs and change yesterday and showed 20% left. While at work though. I will post screens of what I was asking others for after work today.

sent from a rogue droid

11. Anathema

Anathema Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Care to share your experiences?

I typically find that this rom gives me the most out of my battery from the roms I've tried, outside of UD8. My phone usage is almost always at med-high usage and rarely doesn't last 24 hours.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

12. killjoylm1

killjoylm1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have seen you posting on this quite a bit on here, but something is wrong. This is by far not the usual experience for most MIUI users. However, what is horrible. I have used ROMs that dropped my bat 10% every 10 mins...that was horrible. Give us some numbers and more info so we can help you to have the same experiences that the rest of us are having...are you using SetCPU? If so...stop using it and see if that helps.

Search tags for this page
juice defender miui v5

miui battery drain

miui battery drain fix

miui battery life

miui cell standby drain
miui phone idle
miui rom battery drain fix
miui v5 battery drain
miui v5 battery drain fix
miui v5 battery life