1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Battery Life on Driod razr

Discussion in 'Smartphone Battery Discussion' started by fenway310, Sep 3, 2012.

1. fenway310

fenway310 New Member

Lets just start by saying i was getting about 8 hours a day on my phone. I then downloaded Easy Battery Saver and set it up so that it only (super mode) uses data for the apps that i give permission. so far this is a life saver but my question is have anyone here used this app before is it good or will i regret using this soon. so your feed pack would be great. thanks
  2. DevilDogMP

DevilDogMP New Member

I use battery defender. The 1 with the red cross on the battery. it works the exact same way as easy battery saver does except the data and or WiFi comes back on extremely faster than easy battery saver did

Sent from my DROID BIONIC
  3. Ksupernor2

Ksupernor2 New Member

I use smart actions, I manually turn my data off via power control panel, screen on auto.

View attachment 55546
  4. DevilDogMP

DevilDogMP New Member

Well mine just turn data off when my screen cuts off, and turns it back on immediately when my screen comes back on! Good stuff!

5. bacK_N_87

bacK_N_87 New Member

Yep that's what I do as well. No sense using it if I'm not using it lol.
  6. dsprik

dsprik New Member

Does anyone use the sleep mode? I use it during my 8-10 hr shifts when it is in my pocket. Then on breaks - every 2 1/2 -3 hrs - I just wake it up within 15-30 sec (much faster than normal boot) it is back up and running with very little or no battery loss from when I put it to sleep. Can't use our phones while on shift.
  7. DevilDogMP

DevilDogMP New Member

I don't see why.

8. dsprik

dsprik New Member

Which part?
  9. majp89

majp89 New Member

Rooted my phone and flashed it with Eclipse ROM, now I get 15 hours under heavy use/2 days moderate use.

Before, I used Smart Actions, doesn't really help much if you're a heavy user of your phone. I write e-mails on the go, but my lifestyle is a little different than everyone else's. I guess it really all depends.
  10. DevilDogMP

DevilDogMP New Member

Why you would put it in sleep mode

11. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid New Member

This makes sense for when you can't use your phone anyway. I'll have to test this out but you may be able to answer a few questions for me.

The first, not-so-smart, question: how do you put it in sleep mode? Is this a smart action or a setting? Nevermind! Duh, I just found it (power off choice), duh!

Question 2: when you take it out of sleep mode, do you get notification of your missed calls and missed texts? If so, do the missed calls and texts show the time they were made or the time you woke up the phone?

Question 3: while in sleep mode, does it silence-stop absolutely everything (alarms, vibrate, notifications, etc) or is there still limited activity?

Thanks! I may actually end up using this on occasion.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
  12. bacK_N_87

bacK_N_87 New Member

I don't get it either. Just turn your data off and your battery barely moves.
  13. majp89

majp89 New Member

Airplane mode ftw.
  14. bacK_N_87

bacK_N_87 New Member

Nah not airplane mode. In airplane mode you can't talk & txt. When you turn your data is off you can.
  15. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid New Member

Turning off data does not turn off incoming phone calls or texts. When you are in meetings, classes or at a job where you should not be getting interrupted by phone calls, bleeps, beeps, and vibrates from your phone sleep mode is probably the perfect answer.

16. bacK_N_87

bacK_N_87 New Member

Data off and vibrate!!! Imagine you had a pregnant wife and she calls saying its time. Screw the meeting I'm going to the birth of my child. Now if its sleep you don't get anything.
  17. DevilDogMP

DevilDogMP New Member

I just shut data off unless I want to use twitter or something... then I just turn it on

18. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid New Member

I suppose if I had a pregnant wife or even my kids for that matter, they always have the information to reach me by alternative methods in an emergency. A pregnant wife, I think I would make an exception and explain to my colleagues that I need to be a phone call away and they would understand, therefore obviously I would not be using sleep mode. I was never meant to be available to everyone 24/7.

My employees sign a written agreement that they are not to use their phones while working and if they are caught, their phone will be kept in office while they are on the clock. As part of this agreement they are given the emergency numbers that schools, family, children can contact. Anyone who does not provide alternative emergency contact information to their families is irresponsible, imho!

19. kevins686

kevins686 New Member

Sounds like the teacher taking away little Johnny's slingshot till the end of class ;-)

In 2008, a commuter train engineer in L.A. was busy texting his BFF when he ran a red signal at the end of a siding and ran head-on into a freight train, killing 25 people. In the aftermath, the Federal Railroad Administration passed an emergency order banning cellphone use by train crews while engaged in safety-sensitive functions. My job is to supervise and direct train traffic (think air-traffic control for trains), and the order has been interpreted to include people who do what I do. My last company would yank you out of service if you were caught at your console with a cellphone; my current employer seems to be satisfied with us simply not using them while on duty.
  20. thegreatone3

thegreatone3 Member

I can't afford to turn data off when the screen is off because I rely heavily on data-based services like WhatsApp, Viber, and Voxer. And of course, push e-mail. I also love my breaking news push notifications from CNN, ESPN, etc. Real-time updates from these services is really why I have a smartphone.
Search tags for this page
alarm clock during sleep function on motorola razr i?

battery saver mode droid razr

do alarms work in sleep mode
razr maxx battery loss when in pocket
rrazr m receving call in sleep mode
voxer killing battery life
what battery can work in a motorola driod