Battery life on CM7. Let's hear it...

Trinicki

Reaction score
my observations about the battery life on CM7
(i'm on nightly 15)
When actively using the phone....I think battery life is Good.
When the phone is idle.....battery life is quite bad. (the worst I've seen when compared to rooted Stock GB and Liberty GB)

Not overclocking, no voltage tweaks, regular battery.

edit... the Battery Usage info points to Phone Idle and Cell Standby as the culprits when I'm not using my phone which would make sense. It just seems they use up waaay too much battery.
I 99% of the time have a good strong 3g signal.

I was using Apex RC2 and left that because i ran into a few bugs that i didnt really like including battery issues.
I tried CM7 and while its working very well i just ran into the battery drain issue. I went to sleep last night with 91% on the device. I woke up to 51%
Juice Defender turns off wireless activity while the phone is in standby and i also have autosync turned off.
The big culprits are Phone Idle and Cell standby for me.

I thought the phone was charging while at work.. no use... just charging, it died.
So from 50% at 7am to 0% by 2pm
Not sure why it wasnt charging.. maybe i bumped the cable.

Ive also noticed charging via USB/Laptop is slower than before, not sure if its my imagination but it sure seems slow.
I lost my usb adapter so im forced to use my laptop.

I assume the adapters the USB cables plug into are specific to the device, anyone know for sure? I do have an adapter for my Transformer tablet... maybe i can use that to charge the DX.

rfranken

Reaction score
my observations about the battery life on CM7
(i'm on nightly 15)
When actively using the phone....I think battery life is Good.
When the phone is idle.....battery life is quite bad. (the worst I've seen when compared to rooted Stock GB and Liberty GB)

Not overclocking, no voltage tweaks, regular battery.

edit... the Battery Usage info points to Phone Idle and Cell Standby as the culprits when I'm not using my phone which would make sense. It just seems they use up waaay too much battery.
I 99% of the time have a good strong 3g signal.

I was using Apex RC2 and left that because i ran into a few bugs that i didnt really like including battery issues.
I tried CM7 and while its working very well i just ran into the battery drain issue. I went to sleep last night with 91% on the device. I woke up to 51%
Juice Defender turns off wireless activity while the phone is in standby and i also have autosync turned off.
The big culprits are Phone Idle and Cell standby for me.

I thought the phone was charging while at work.. no use... just charging, it died.
So from 50% at 7am to 0% by 2pm
Not sure why it wasnt charging.. maybe i bumped the cable.

Ive also noticed charging via USB/Laptop is slower than before, not sure if its my imagination but it sure seems slow.
I lost my usb adapter so im forced to use my laptop.

I assume the adapters the USB cables plug into are specific to the device, anyone know for sure? I do have an adapter for my Transformer tablet... maybe i can use that to charge the DX.

all cellphones now use the same micro usb plugins to charge.
so they are very easy to come by. my last phone used the same one as my current phone. my work phone and my wifes phone and well all phones now days use the same plugin. Doesn't matter AT&T or Verizon

TreFiDDy

Reaction score
Anyone notice a big battery drain on new nightlys? I haven't been using my phone very heavily just texting and sometimes facebook and after about 5 hours later I'm at 50% another 3 I'm at 20-15%

Sent From A Supercharged Modded X

rfranken

Reaction score
Well I flashed the Imoseyon file and wish I didn't. Now ADW and QuickClock Advanced both FC's

thoughts?

sfreemanoh

Reaction score
I took my phone off the charger around 9:30 yesterday morning, BARELY used it all day, and by 11 PM it was at 30%. On Liberty GB, I probably would have been at 60-70% left, that's horrible. I'm probably switching back tomorrow.

rfranken

Reaction score
The fix permissions seems to have helped thanks,

Yeah no one is denying that the battery life is horrid on CM7.
I'll see after a day or two if the Imoseyon thing helped or not.

I said it before and I'll say it again.
While I'm on my phone actively using it i think battery life is Great.
When it is idle...its is Bad.

musclemilk

Reaction score
The fix permissions seems to have helped thanks,

Yeah no one is denying that the battery life is horrid on CM7.
I'll see after a day or two if the Imoseyon thing helped or not.

I said it before and I'll say it again.
While I'm on my phone actively using it i think battery life is Great.
When it is idle...its is Bad.

What exactly does this batery tweak do?
Just installed
Sent from my DROIDX

gambit07

Reaction score
I took my phone off the charger around 9:30 yesterday morning, BARELY used it all day, and by 11 PM it was at 30%. On Liberty GB, I probably would have been at 60-70% left, that's horrible. I'm probably switching back tomorrow.

What were you doing with it? I make it to 4 or 5 pretty easily. Most days it lasts the whole day, til 12am at least. I'm still on nightly 8 or 9 though

sfreemanoh

Reaction score
Like I said, almost nothing. I checked the Amazon app of the day, was on the phone for 2-3 minutes, checked emails a few times, and spent maybe 10 minutes on it while at my parents house. That's it.

sigua

Reaction score

I had the same results on Apex. With CM7, I'm down to 20-30% by the time I go to bed, and that's with charging for about 1.5 hours in the car throughout the day. If I could get 2-3 more hours on a charge I wouldn't worry about it as much.

Right now (2pm) I'm at 60%. On Apex or even stock MotoGB I could make it until after 4pm and rarely be below 70%.

Has anyone used quickclock and had good results? I'm thinking about paying the $2.50 for it if it'll increase my battery life by 20%.

TreFiDDy

Reaction score
After I installed nightly 25 I wiped and my battery life seems to have improved took my phone off the charger around 10 this morning and I'm at 35%. Usually I had to charge my phone atleast once during the day in order for me to even make during the night. Hopefully this continues!

Sent From A Supercharged Modded X

Chillout

Reaction score
I am noticing a decrease in my battery life overall. Even after uninstalling droid overclock. Perhaps it's the 1% increments that are throwing me off because I'm used to 10%. Still though it seems to eat battery much quicker on CM than on other roms.