Battery life on CM7. Let's hear it...

integrate

Reaction score
Ok, so how's everyone's relative battery life?

I'm on Liberty 0.8 and I can go two days on little-moderate use. I recharge about once every two days.

On standby (undervolted at 1 ghz): 1% battery equals 2+ hours of standby time. (i.e. at 95% battery, my phone's been on standby for 10+ hours).

Reaction score
Its average. About the same as Liberty. I got really goods battery life on ApeX RC2 though. If you are thinking about making the switch from LGB to CM7, do it. Looks and feels amazing. Very very fast.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Wuffpack99

Reaction score
I'm getting about 25 - 35 hours before really having to plug it in. About the same as Liberty 0.6. Otherwise the two ROMs can't be compared. No disrepect to the Liberty crew, but CM7 takes it to a new level.

Best battery life I had was with ZS 1.7 - about 60+ hours. But CM7 is worth it.

nimerix

Reaction score
I'm getting about 25 - 35 hours before really having to plug it in. About the same as Liberty 0.6. Otherwise the two ROMs can't be compared. No disrepect to the Liberty crew, but CM7 takes it to a new level.

Agreed about the battery life being worth it.

I notice a significant decrease in average battery life (about 3-9 hours), but since I own 3 batteries it's not a problem.... Seriously a replacement OEM battery is about 6 bucks on amazon..

OP
I

integrate

Reaction score

I notice a significant decrease in average battery life (about 3-9 hours), but since I own 3 batteries it's not a problem.... Seriously a replacement OEM battery is about 6 bucks on amazon..

Do you use your phone heavily?

A decrease in battery life would kill it for me. Battery is top priority.

Thanks got the replies.

nimerix

Reaction score

Do you use your phone heavily?

A decrease in battery life would kill it for me. Battery is top priority.

Thanks got the replies.

Yeah I use the phone quite a lot. With the original cm4dx release the battery life was terrible all around, but it has SIGNIFICANTLY improved with the recently nightlies. With casual usage you really won't notice a huge difference IMO.

I'm going to see what kind of battery life I get today with normal usage and then report back.. hopefully not that soon ;)

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I usually go all day on one charge. I plug my phone in at night no matter what. I had Pandora streaming on wifi yesterday for about 4 hours with the screen off and i still had about 20% left when I went to bed.

JNEHAMA

Reaction score
Battery life has improved somewhat since the original flash but still nowhere as good as liberty or apex for me. But I don't move around so much that I don't have access to a plug. So I charge it at night while I sleep and when I'm around a plug/car for another hour or so during the day. I'm a very heavy user so on Apex I would get @ 12-15hrs. On CM7 probably @ 2/3 of that.

Just so you understand the screen may be on upto 4-5hrs per day total, Listen to podcasts or music up to 3-4hrs etc so very heavy use.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

TreFiDDy

Reaction score
Battery life has improved somewhat since the original flash but still nowhere as good as liberty or apex for me.

feel the same way. Honestly I think it's just me but to me it's not all that great. Liberty I use to be able to go a full day of heavy usage usually 12+ hours and end up with 40-30% but with cm I only get about 9 and then I have to charge. I left my phone uncharged last night to see how much it's using without usage. Went from 100% to 60 about 8 or 9 hours of not being used.

Idk personally I'm thinking about going back to liberty because of the great battery life but it's so hard when cm is just awesome

Sent From A Modded X

gimlet72

Reaction score
The battery life on liberty was better for me. The options on CM 7 are better. It was a trade off for me. I plug my phone in the car and at night. I have yet to run out of juice

9wire

Reaction score
I'll find out today, just flashed CM yesterday, and messed with it off and on, but today I'll be using it normally, which is pretty heavy. If I'm not talking on it, I'm listening to music. I average 5000 minutes a month talk time. I have the screen fairly dim, and Quickclock in battery saver mode. We'll see. I do have a charger handy, and unless it's truly horrendous, I'll keep the rom no matter what. On deodexed rooted .596 I would have about 30% left on my way home from work, OEM extended battery.
EDIT: 99% of the talking I do, and all the music is BT, it stays on all the time. Moto S-705.

9wire

Reaction score
My normal day, about 7 hours on the phone, all bt, I had about 30% left. No worse than I had, good enough.

DThomp

Reaction score
Last night before I put the charger on, I was at 19 hours 48 min., with screen on 4 hours 54 min. and my OEM extended battery was still at 34%.

Stuckinabox

Reaction score
Mine drained 50% over 12 hours with 80%+ of the usage going to idle/standby on nightly 15! I hope that's unusual...