Battery Life Issues

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Ralffers, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Ralffers

Ralffers Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just got the Droid X....and....am I the only one having issues with battery life? - because it feels that way... Everything I read online indicates that the Droid X has great battery life; a lot of reviews actually used the word "steller" According to all that I have read, I should be getting a day & a half out of the battery - well, I can't get even 1 full day; by 9:00pm I'm down to 30% - and I'm really using the phone very much at all. If I do anything on the phone, I lose 10% every 20 minutes; if I'm not doing anything its 10% every hour.

I went to Verizon & they told to download the advanced task killer app, and needless to say that I was excited that it would fix the problem - but it didn't. Looks like I'm going to have to have it replaced, uunless I'm overlooking something... I don't know why I have such bad luck with phones! Every phone I get has to be replaced - at least once before I get one that works the way it's supposed to. This happens every time!

2. carpenter_22

carpenter_22 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    there is a update for the droid x soon that will have something to do with the battery not sure what though

3. Ralffers

Ralffers Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Update

Are you referring to the Android 2.2 update?

4. carpenter_22

carpenter_22 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    no i am not it is a software fix for the x

5. Ralffers

Ralffers Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh, awesome!

6. drunkalien6

drunkalien6 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey I was/am having the same issues. My battery died after about an hour and a half of use, and about 6 hours not doing anything.

Something that might be helpful, go to Settings > Battery Manger > Battery Profile, Then select a profile, one is entitled "Battery Saver Mode" But be warned it turns off the cellular data connection after a period of inactivity. Id recommend the Smart Mode, just make sure performance mode inst checked that will kill battery the fastest.

If you go to Settings > Sound & dislplay. You can adjust the brightness that will save LOTS of battery power. On my phone, the screen has consistently been using 86%+ of the phones battery. You can find out battery usage statistics if you go to Settings > Battery Manger > Battery use. I keep it at lowest setting when I go out now. If I'm at home I keep it at maximum, since there's always an outlet within reach.

Lastly I keep Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and GPS all turned off when I don't need them. To be honest I am not sure if GPS uses hardly any battery (If any at all) butIi keep it off nonetheless.

The things I just mentioned have helped but. I am still getting very bad battery life, may get 1 hour and 45 minutes of usage, and 7 hours doing nothing.

#6 drunkalien6, Jul 19, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  7. carpenter_22

carpenter_22 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    well today i believe ppl will start getting a OTA for the droid x

8. Ralffers

Ralffers Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, thank you for your post. So you're going to have yours replaced to I take it?

9. Ralffers

Ralffers Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What does "OTA" mean? And here I thought I knew all the internet lingo that there is to know...

10. carpenter_22

carpenter_22 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OTA = over the air

11. nosacking

nosacking New Member

Ratings:
    +0

OTA - "Over-the-Air" update. OTA's are much easier than the updates like Apple that must be done with a computer.

12. Ralffers

Ralffers Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh...DUH! - lol.

Now I just hope those updates become available soon.

Search tags for this page

droid x2 battery life issues