battery life: is this normal??

dnb4

Reaction score
hey all,
completely new to the forum so forgive me if i didnt post in the right area or something. a few days ago i purchased a droid 2 global. it is used. something im noticing that really bothers me is the horrific battery life. for example; this morning at 8:30 i unplugged it (fully charged). at about 11:30 it was down to 70%...i literally did virtually nothing with it. i checked the weather once. i have wifi and bluetooth shut off, screen brightness at lowest setting, as well as GreenPower battery saver downloaded and working..actually, not working lol.
so now what im wondering is, is this normal? since its a used phone i was thinking it could possibly just be that the battery is old?
anyone have any opinons? thanks a lot!

ambrown

Reaction score
Yeah, not sure. But since you said you're being power conscious and keeping display on low, etc. Then that would lead md to believe that there battery may just be old and you may want to replace it. But it's hard to say if thats it out something else causing your terrible battery life.

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app

Brian1

Reaction score
I say the battery is old too for a start. one year is a pretty hard life if its that old. If you stay unrooted try to google for battery life saving for droid. There are some good post out there. If you have say an app to stop background apps then that may be a cause for battery drain. Also i think if you have an antivirus app running it can do the same. No viruses out on the android that I am aware of. Brian

ambrown

Reaction score
Also i think if you have an antivirus app running it can do the same. No viruses out on the android that I am aware of. Brian

There aren't any viruses but there are malicious apps. Most mobile security apps scan for malicious apps that steal info and so forth.

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app

srw0015

Reaction score
Do you happen to have the original stock battery or the extended battery? I've been using the phone since last January with an extended battery and it makes a large difference. Alot of the setting I use to extend the battery i learned from a battery write up done by NiceGuysFinishLast, It really helped me with my battery life. I'll post the link below. Hope it helps.
My Battery Life Writeup - Android Forums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums dnb4. I am inclined to think the battery is just old but honestly I do not know what the stock battery life was/is like on a D2G. If you do end up looking for a battery I suggest checking out Amazon since they used to have them very cheap (literally for only a couple $'s). Just type the battery number in for the search.

And as a side note in the future please do not post multiple threads for the same topic. I combined the 2 for you since you had replies in both :biggrin:

OP
D

dnb4

Reaction score
thanks everyone for the replies! i am using a stock battery as far as i know, and i havent considered the extended battery for two reasons- 1. i have not seen any extended battery doors that are white so it would look pretty weird on my phone, and 2. i hate how huge it makes the phone. basically what im wondering is, does everyone else's D2 last more than like 6 hours? something strange i noticed when i watched the phone throughout the day today, is that it goes down 10% every hour, on the hour..religiously. and thats if its just sitting there..if its being used, it drains much faster. i think im going to order a new battery, and will definitely check out amazon. its worth a shot right. everyones trying to convince me to switch to the iPhone and its kind of tempting when you have to charge your phone multiple times to make it through the day right :/

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
What are your sync settings? The default is to sync data every 15 minutes which can easily drain your battery in no time. Make sure you either have a syncing schedule that makes sense for what you're doing or that you use Power Control widget to turn it off and on as needed. You should also going into Manage Applications and check running processes to see what is going on. Certain apps like Norton Anti-virus, which sucks anyway, and Audio FX run pretty much continually. I use the extended battery and have about 60% charge left at the end of most days, though even on the stock I usually had 20% or so at bedtime.

Hope you get it all figured out.

OP
D

dnb4

Reaction score
im not postitive what im sync settings are cause i dont know how to get to them. on my D1 there was an option in settings called accounts & sync. my D2 doesnt have that. but on my D1 i never turned anything off..not wifi, not bluetooth, not syncs, and had screen brightness normal. so thats why it leads me to believe its the phone? ive tried using the same battery from the D1 with no luck

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
There should be an Accounts and sync or something similar in your settings menu.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Cyan Tapatalk

OP
D

dnb4

Reaction score
all i see is an accounts tab.

does anyone know where i could find the motorola extended battery in white? verizons website is out of stock, as well as amazon.com and i cant find it anywhere else online.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
If they are sold out there you may have to try eBay. Possibly just Google the number off the battery.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Cyan Tapatalk

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
all i see is an accounts tab.

That's where you need to go. Menu>Settings>Accounts and Sync. See if Autosync is on or off and if syncing is on at all. Also, install the Power Control Widget and use it to toggle sync on and off as needed.

OP
D

dnb4

Reaction score
its not the battery itself thats sold out. those are available everywhere. its the white battery door...all i can find is the black door. not on ebay, amazon, or any website. all thats offered is the black door. i called verizon to see if they could order it and they just dont make the white doors anymore. basically only option that i can see is to buy a new standard battery and see if that makes any difference

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I gotcha now. Then no I do not know where to look for them unfortunately.