battery life is bad :(

insidiousvertigo

Reaction score
:icon_evil:
i've heard horror stories dealing with this phone's battery. i've flashed a eb01 froyo rom and it's supposed to debloat the phone...i have automatic brightness turned on, and i have live wallpaper, background data, sycing, gps, and bt off. i use wifi when i can.
today i have barely used the phone. a few calls, some downloads from the market, and played maybe 15 minutes of games. sitting at 80% after 3 hours unplugged. This sounds okay I guess, but around 12% of that drain was from downloading and playing games, all in all took me around 25 minutes to run down 12% of the battery. WTF? I'm using juicedefender but whatever...probably gonna return the phone.

Hymizzle

Reaction score
You'll find that battery sucks for most smart phones. Switching to another will be the same or worse. Try Superclean rom with a custom kernel or wait for what gets developed out of the newest rom/radio EC01. Best to wipe battery stats when changing roms.

Keep me Fascinated
SC 2.9.2
EC10 Voodoo Lagfix
Honeycomb v4 - Animated

OP
insidiousvertigo

insidiousvertigo

Reaction score
I've tried flashing a superclean rom over my eb01 rom, but it fails, or when i go to phone info, it still says eb01. any suggestions? 10% more battery gone an hour later from playing a game for a bit...I also used battery calibrator to wipe battery stats (at 100%)

Hymizzle

Reaction score
Everything on your About phone info should be EB01, theres nothing that changes/reads Superclean. If your on Superclean you will have installed a different variation of TouchWiz: 3d drawer, new launcher and debloated.
If your familiar enough try the Comavolt Kernel. Should improve battery life. By saying that dont expect a spectacular change. Any battery life improvement is improvement.

Hymizzle

Reaction score
When installing a new rom your battery should be at 100% when you do so. Install ROM, boot into recovery and wipe battery stats. From there then you install a custom kernal, reboot, then install a theme if you choose. I'm loving my phone right now the way its setup. SC2.9.2 - Voodoo+lagfix+UV+Music Tweak - Honeycomb v4 with animations - ADW EX Launcher

GDP

Reaction score
All smart phones are pretty bad. I don't think there's a big difference between the Fascinate and Droid X or something similar

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

Hymizzle

Reaction score
All smart phones are pretty bad. I don't think there's a big difference between the Fascinate and Droid X or something similar

Thats the message I was trying to convey. If this is his first smart phone then he would have nothing to compare it to.

ziggy484

Reaction score
I've tried flashing a superclean rom over my eb01 rom, but it fails, or when i go to phone info, it still says eb01. any suggestions? 10% more battery gone an hour later from playing a game for a bit...I also used battery calibrator to wipe battery stats (at 100%)

The superclean battery and 3g icon look different than straight eb01, also it says sc2.92 on the notification drop down. What fails when you try to load it?

OP
insidiousvertigo

insidiousvertigo

Reaction score
nevermind i got superclean 2.9.2 on there fine, but how do i go about flashing a kernel? or is the one that comes with it fine? i think earlier i tried the voodoo lag fix kernel but i don't know if it took or not. also, on rom manager, when i go to themes, it says an error was produced while loading the rom, so no custom themes for me :(. anyway, i just got off the phone (22 minute convo) and battery drained 6%...is this normal? i just kinda wanna get a feel for what i should be expecting.

Hymizzle

Reaction score
Lets put it this way, if your phone lasts morning till about midnight, your battery life is good for a smartphone (in my opinion).
Dont use Rom manager at all. Get rid of it.

You have to flash kernels using CWR (Clockwork Recovery). Are you familiar with using it? Learn it well and it will become your best friend for flashing themes, kernels, roms.

Simplest way to flash is to just view the development threads using your phone either Droidforums or Xda and download the kernel, theme you'd like to try, move your download to the root of your sd, boot into recovery.
Flash kernels in CWR. If flashing Voodoo you need to enable lag fix from recovery, reboot, you will here female voice, should take about ten minutes.
If flashing a theme, make sure to wipe cache/Dalvik before installing.

If your not familiar with what I've said above we can start with one thing at a time.

To start from scractch I recommend step 1-13 here
[FIX][4-1-11]Latest ClockworkMod and SuperClean ROM's - Erasing the CWM Confusion - xda-developers

Pit file if you need:
[HowTo] Fix your phone after i screwed it up with 2.7 :( - xda-developers