Battery Life for Android

chipxmilam213

Reaction score
Why? Seriously.. if somebody could send me a link for the best way to keep the juice going for longer than 6 hours or so, I'd really appreciate it.

I know the battery life for androids are generally pretty bad, but they can't be two times worse than the iPhone. It's not like I have a bunch of apps running in the background either (just Gmail, FB, Twitter).

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Today, I had my phone on from 7 am to 5:30 and still had 60%. I made multiple phone calls, text messages, checked FB and chatted, Droidforums.net app, and listened to music during that time. I think I did pretty good, especially since I would have had to charge my phone after all that if I was stock.

Best thing I ever did was to root and install a custom ROM

Apex 2.0 Revolution

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
How often are those apps updating?

What does the battery status show as the top three items? If its anything other than cell standby, display and phone idle, there is an app sucking the juice!

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
1. If you are using a Task Killer, stop

2. Lower screen brightness

3. Check Settings -> About Phone -> Battery Usage. It will tell you what is using most of the battery life.

If you are streaming music or video for those 6 hours then that may be the best you are going to get.

JRParsons

Reaction score
If I stream music, I get less than 3 hours, otherwise 6-8 is pretty normal. I'm on a Thunderbolt with a stock battery, non-rooted. When I say stream, I mean using Pandora or tune in radio, not just listening to my mp3s. I can almost double both of those times by switching off of 4GLTE.

Sent from my Illudium PU-36 Explosive Space Modulator

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why? Seriously.. if somebody could send me a link for the best way to keep the juice going for longer than 6 hours or so, I'd really appreciate it.
As always with battery life threads: your usage palys a major part. Determine what's eating up your battery and adjust accordingly. Randomly applying "fixes" that may or may not be relevant to your particular situation isn't an effective approach. Without knowing your situation it's impossible to help you. Your "issue" could be a matter of expectation as it is in many cases. You can't use things that consume lots of power without adversely affecting battery life. Again, without details we can't say for certain.

Have you looked at any of the countless existing battery life threads to see if any suggestions in those threads are relevant to you? There are a lot of typical battery hogs such as the display, GPS (if you have apps that use it frequently without your knowledge), etc. You can try starting with those but I strongly suggest using the battery info screen and other resources to help you determine what's going on.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Unfortunately many devices have battery issues regardless what u do. Some adjust greatly, some don't. But as mentioned try to pin point what the possible causes maybe. If not, definately an extended battery

ALOHA from the Hawaiian D2G / DX / Xoom

OP
C

chipxmilam213

Reaction score
I actually never knew about the "battery usage" info section where you can check where the energy is draining. i'll monitor it from now on.

thx so much for all your help.