Battery life droping

Jeffsasse

Reaction score
So I updated the phone to superclean 2.9, and I love the rom, but since then my battery life expectancy has dropped significantly. What can I do to improve the life of my battery? I've been turning off gps and 3g when not in use, and this does not seem to help. Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

OP
J

Jeffsasse

Reaction score
What do you mean? And I misspoke... I'm on sc 2.8

Sent from my Fascinate Superclean 2.9

X_TAC23

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you longpress on any screen and select widgets. You have a power controll widget.

It has four settings low, medium, high, and auto. Try the lowest setting. The display eats up battery the most.

OP
J

Jeffsasse

Reaction score
I see that.thanks for that. So explain this for me... There are 5 items on it. Wifi, bluetooth, gps, and the display... What is the 4th icon?

Sent from my Fascinate Superclean 2.8

OP
J

Jeffsasse

Reaction score
What would be the benefits of going to 2.9... And how would I upgrade from 2.8? Thanks

Sent from my Fascinate Superclean 2.8

OP
J

Jeffsasse

Reaction score
so I barely did anything on my phone today, left the house at 6:30am, phone dead by 5pm. Used for Pandora for about an hour, and that's it. No phone calls made today. Is this normal battery power?

Thanks.

millwood

Reaction score
Have you done a battery stats wipe? First make sure you don't have a bunch of things running. If you are using a weather widget or an email app they will drain you as long as they are refreshing at a frequent rate. After you have double checked this then drain the battery down below 10% and wipe you battery stats in CWM red. Then charge back to 100%. These phones carry a memory for battery usage and you can wipe that. If that doesn't help then you are either using something that you don't realize or you didn't do a data wipe before you install. These phones do eat through the battery, keep that in mind. They are closer to mini computer than older style cell phone. If you have ever owned a laptop then you can understand what I mean about batter life. Still though you should be able to get a full day.

I use my phone frequently (sc2.9.1) and if I charge it over night, use it all day, and forget to charge it again over night I will be between 15-30 percent depending on my use. I am also not pushing email every 10 minutes and my weather widget gets refreshed when I manually push it.

k rock

Reaction score
Have you done a battery stats wipe? First make sure you don't have a bunch of things running. If you are using a weather widget or an email app they will drain you as long as they are refreshing at a frequent rate. After you have double checked this then drain the battery down below 10% and wipe you battery stats in CWM red. Then charge back to 100%. These phones carry a memory for battery usage and you can wipe that. If that doesn't help then you are either using something that you don't realize or you didn't do a data wipe before you install. These phones do eat through the battery, keep that in mind. They are closer to mini computer than older style cell phone. If you have ever owned a laptop then you can understand what I mean about batter life. Still though you should be able to get a full day.

I use my phone frequently (sc2.9.1) and if I charge it over night, use it all day, and forget to charge it again over night I will be between 15-30 percent depending on my use. I am also not pushing email every 10 minutes and my weather widget gets refreshed when I manually push it.

Just so everybody knows wiping battstats in CWM Red does nothing. That feature isn't working right now. To wipe battstats go here readthis!

And everyone's battery life is different. Not many people get battery like you stated millwood. Most people seem to be getting a lot less than you.

Sent from my SC'd VA Green Fascinate