Battery Life Discussion Thread

OP
H

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
I know these discussions have centered around 'milers', those getting the best life out of their battery by cutting usage, but has anyone checked out the slim extended capacity batteries on Ebay that fit behind the stock cover? One seller has a 3360mah battery for $37.98. Anyone try one? I'd feel a lot better if they were from a known manufacturer.

Search on;
[h=1]Sproting NFC 3360mAh Extended Slim Battery For Samsung Galaxy S4[/h]

I orderer a mugen 2750 mAh battery that fits with the factory back. It won't be at my place for like another 2 weeks but I'm excited to see if it is any better than stock

newtodroidx

Reaction score
Why am I losing battery when my phone is idle? I unplugged the charger at 3:55am the phone then just say there until 5:45am and I had lost 3 percent of battery is this normal? Does anyone else have this happen to them?

cryates24

Reaction score
Why am I losing battery when my phone is idle? I unplugged the charger at 3:55am the phone then just say there until 5:45am and I had lost 3 percent of battery is this normal? Does anyone else have this happen to them?

Your phone still has processes running even while idle and im sure you are connected to mobile data during that time.

newtodroidx

Reaction score
It must just be the processes running then cause i keep mobile data off at home and do Wifi only at home. I wonder which uses more battery wifi or mobile data.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
It must just be the processes running then cause i keep mobile data off at home and do Wifi only at home. I wonder which uses more battery wifi or mobile data.

At comparable signal levels, WIFI is more energy efficient, since the transmission distances are far shorter. Mobile data must transmit from your phone to as much as a mile or more (much further in some rural areas), so the energy needed is far greater.

As for why your phone uses power during its rest state, it's like a little computer that's running 24/7, but with the monitor turned off. Only when you've removed the battery does it TRULY cease to use power. Even if "Powered off" completely, some phones may still use a minute amount of power (up for debate), as it may be able to be remotely activated by covert organizations, powered on, and then functions like video and audio monitoring can be covertly performed.

Last edited:

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score

There is, as they say, an app for that, or at least a way to find the offender. OS Monitor will tell you what's running. Thais is a total WAG but you may have an app that wants/needs data on and is trying really hard to work. I leave data on and only get an idle battery lost of <4% every 12 hours.

Last edited:
OP
H

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
There is, as they say,m an app for that, or at least a way to find the offender. OS Monitor will tell you what's running. Thais is a total WAG but you may have an app that wants/needs data on and is trying really hard to work. I leave data on and only get an idle battery lost of <4% every 12 hours.

Thats because you have a freak of nature S4. I still am jealous of you and your battery life. I still dont get it. lol.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
as it may be able to be remotely activated by covert organizations, powered on, and then functions like video and audio monitoring can be covertly performed.

Which is all totally legal and constitutional.....wink, wink, nod, nod.​

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
as it may be able to be remotely activated by covert organizations, powered on, and then functions like video and audio monitoring can be covertly performed.

Which is all totally legal and constitutional.....wink, wink, nod, nod.​

:rofl2:

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Was that English translated into Chinese and then translated back to English?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC