battery Life Confusion

thunderous04

Reaction score
Ok so I have been having a problem with my battery life. I was once one of the ATK users and after watching the videos of how android works deleted it off my phone and just let the OS do it's thing. Here's the issue I've been having. It seems like my battery has a good day and then a bad day. For instance, yesterday I ran it, almost constantly as I was looking at fantasy football stats with, GPS, WiFi, browser, apps, all kinds of stuff running and it lasted me all day. Today I am at work and we are not allowed to have our phones with us so it's been in stand by and the battery died, after being charged all night, after only being unplugged for 5 hours. The battery usage said that it was being used by phone stand by, idle, and android system the most. what would be causing my phone's battery to die so quickly?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok so I have been having a problem with my battery life. I was once one of the ATK users and after watching the videos of how android works deleted it off my phone and just let the OS do it's thing. Here's the issue I've been having. It seems like my battery has a good day and then a bad day. For instance, yesterday I ran it, almost constantly as I was looking at fantasy football stats with, GPS, WiFi, browser, apps, all kinds of stuff running and it lasted me all day. Today I am at work and we are not allowed to have our phones with us so it's been in stand by and the battery died, after being charged all night, after only being unplugged for 5 hours. The battery usage said that it was being used by phone stand by, idle, and android system the most. what would be causing my phone's battery to die so quickly?

What kind of signal are you getting? If you are in a bad area for a signal, and it sounds like it then phone standby would be sucking up the battery attempting to get a signal.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
How much time with no signal? Mine averages about 20% at home, lousy signal area.

sent from my Incredible via Tapatalk

OP
T

thunderous04

Reaction score
Ive got great signal at work. sometimes the battery doesn't die at work...just every once in a while...