Battery Life - Better or Worse 2.0 vs 2.01 Focused

inssane

Reaction score
I thought that the battery life went down some with the upgrade when it came out. Started reading a bit today and it seems others have similar issues and some don't.
So what is the concensus?

I have no issues going back to 2.0 because I don't see a huge improvement and I use a OC app as it is.

Feedback is appreciated
Nick

snoop5

Reaction score
I thought that the battery life went down some with the upgrade when it came out. Started reading a bit today and it seems others have similar issues and some don't.
So what is the concensus?

I have no issues going back to 2.0 because I don't see a huge improvement and I use a OC app as it is.

Feedback is appreciated
Nick

My battery is way better did the battery reset and ive been 2 hrs and still at 100%. its great dancedroid

Last edited:
OP
I

inssane

Reaction score
Are you at conservative, on demand or interactive -- and do you mean wiping battery stats?

snoop5

Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
I

inssane

Reaction score
OK, I think I am at OnDemand, always have. I have done the drain, but not the batt. stat wipe.
I will have to do that, thanks. "maybe" it will help :)

sk8

Reaction score
My battery life hasn't changed. I've gotten excellent battery life from rubix. Almost 12 hours of up time and just went to 80%.

sent from a sweet paper weight.

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Literally NOTHING changed from 2.0 to 2.0.1 that would effect battery. The only change was the startup scripts were handled a little cleaner and more efficiently. Its either placebo, more than normal usage, or a number of other reasons it could be.

One thing I've noticed, is using Titanium Backup always results in less battery life for me. A clean install, including clean app install (except maybe restoring angry birds.. I can't deal with starting over for the 2348th time) is the best way to ensure the best battery life. Also, If you flash a rom while NOT on a full battery, let it drain and then charge it up again after it dies. Sometimes the battery stats won't display correctly.. which is why some times when switching from one rom to another, you gain 10% or lose 10% battery, when you REALLY didn't.

sk8

Reaction score
@drod
Would you weigh in on the black vending/market app?
Is there something with rubix that doesn't play nice with the market?

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
@drod
Would you weigh in on the black vending/market app?
Is there something with rubix that doesn't play nice with the market?

It's fine, i'll just reply here since I'm too lazy to switch back and forth :)

There's NOTHING that would cause it to not play nice. I'm not sure why it wouldn't. What were your methods of install, which market app, etc..?
I know FSRBiker had it on his DX for a while running rubiX.

OP
I

inssane

Reaction score
Literally NOTHING changed from 2.0 to 2.0.1 that would effect battery. The only change was the startup scripts were handled a little cleaner and more efficiently. Its either placebo, more than normal usage, or a number of other reasons it could be.

One thing I've noticed, is using Titanium Backup always results in less battery life for me. A clean install, including clean app install (except maybe restoring angry birds.. I can't deal with starting over for the 2348th time) is the best way to ensure the best battery life. Also, If you flash a rom while NOT on a full battery, let it drain and then charge it up again after it dies. Sometimes the battery stats won't display correctly.. which is why some times when switching from one rom to another, you gain 10% or lose 10% battery, when you REALLY didn't.

Thanks for the tips!
The clean app installs I don't have the time for anymore, so I have always used TiBu.
I do believe that it's placebo. I put a few more apps on, but nothing with GPS ans such that would drain in the background.
I am going to charge it all the way up - wipe battery stats manually - PowerClear, as I already have cache mate and go from there.

Thanks