Battery life awful!

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X2' started by xmguy, Jul 25, 2011.

1. barski

barski Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The battery life is the only good part of the Droid X2 as of right now. It lasts way longer than my Droid X. but i still use my Droid X just cause of ROM availability.

Anyways, your phone must have a problem, or some very power demanding apps.

#13 barski, Jul 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  2. BetoVazq

BetoVazq New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Juice Defender!app

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

3. gitarzan

gitarzan New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I too was very underwhelmed with the battery performance on my Droid X2 at first.

My path to power:

1. I got the upgraded battery as mentioned earlier.

2. I read this and this.

3. I cannot find the links but there were two other useful pages I read, both on Motorola's forum:

---A. Let the battery run down dead for a few nights in a row, letting it charge fully before unplugging. This resets the counters or whatever in the phone, basically letting it know how far it really is until it's discharged.

---B. I did a Factory Reset which supposedly wiped some some bloat. I dunno. But it did seem to do better afterwards. Here's a link about that.

4. Lastly, and most stupidly... When I got the X2, I trotted off to mega-store and got a belt pouch. A belt pouch with magnetic snaps. Magnetic snaps that turned the X2 on as if it were in a car mount or a desktop mount. The X2 the stayed on all dang day having the life sucked out of it by the screen. I whittled out the magnets, stuck on some velcro, and after that and all I did before, I am now getting better battery life than I got with my old IPhone 3Gs.

dancedroid

#15 gitarzan, Jul 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  4. Chubbydog

Chubbydog Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've noticed that my battery doesn't last very long either, espically when I'm texting. I got it off the charger at 4:00pm last night, and with maybe 40 texts, and 3 hours later it was at 40%. One thing I noticed, is that I plugged it in at home, and it only took about 30 minutes to charge to full again. Could it be that it's not getting a good connection, therfore not really getting a full charge? My Samsung battery took about 4-5 hours to fully charge, and it would last a whole day no matter how much I used it. I'm around a charger all day, so it's not a huge deal, but I'd still like to figure it out.

5. Fernley

Fernley New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Extended battery

For what it's worth: I too was a bit disappointed with battery lifeon my X2. I just moved from a BB and was happy with the battery life there. I use the Droid X2 similarly and was only getting about 6 hours out of it.

I bout the extended battery and now I am easily getting a full day. Meaning I take it out of the charger at 0500 when I get up and typically don't need to put it back on charge till evening.

I don't play games or watch movies (maybe the occasional Youtube vid) at all and occasionally listen to music. Primarily its other apps, phone use (business calls frequently) and lots of email/messaging.

It was worth the dollars I spent.

6. Fernley

Fernley New Member

Ratings:
    +0

I added this app and for some reason afterwards my phone seemed "glitchy." Some things didn't run correctly or it locked up.

I uninstalled it and seems like things are normal again.