Battery life awful!

xmguy

Reaction score
I've had this phone a few days now. Had X before. The battery is awful! Barely using the phone it's down to 40% after only being off charge for 6 hrs. I never had this problem with my Droid X.

magman

Reaction score
do you have the blur running for facebook mail and all that other stuff if so that will do it

Big Dawg 23

Reaction score
Yeah that is bad. My Atrix goes a whole day with normal to heavier use. But the Atrix has a 1900MAH battery. You might want to return it and wait for the Droid Bionic, which is very close to a Atrix.

magman

Reaction score
lmao thats about everyones anwser get the bionic :p

my dx2 is the best phone i ever used but in all farness i never used the atrix

seems like im going 8 hours of real heavy use gun bros and gurilla bob lol and lots of web surfing and the most use it gets is from galaxy on fire 2

zakth

Reaction score
There are many factors that contribute to poor battery life that it's difficult to formulate and meaningful and supportive response to your rant. But I digress, how is your signal? Do you often travel to locations with very weak signal? Does your 3G connection go out a lot or is is fairly solid? Do you leave background data turned on? Are you syncing accounts? Did you charge your phone fully before even turning it on? Have you let the phone discharge to 20% and then fully charge it without unplugging it?

LordRalh3

Reaction score
...You have something wrong with your phone, I hate when other people come in to a particular phone model subforum and say "your problem is bad you should bring your phone back"

I have the X2 my phone still has 78% charge on it right now, Just got home from a 12 hour shift at work where I used it quite a bit all day without charging it once, and it was off the charger for almost 2 hours before I left for work. Oh yeah stock battery.

We need to know ALOT more info then just your battery died fast... What software are you running, are you running a rom, what is your signal doing, wifi, bluetooth, all the transmitters/reicievers... what are you using and doing on the phone.

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
I have and always had the battery setting to max saving. No background facebook or anything. Data disables after certain time. On a side note does anyone's phone rear speaker cause the phone to vibrate / buzz along with the speaker when a call is being made or music being played. Then when camera is used the camera clicks loudly and when not used shakes in the phone?

music life

Reaction score
X2 has plenty of problems. but battery life was the only good thing i have on mine.

everything else tho....

Elite49

Reaction score
My battery is pretty bad imo. I have everything set to battery saver like all my older phones yet just texting will drain this thing. The worst is when the phone won't send a text and you have to reboot the damn thing before it overheats.

p1ngputts

Reaction score
loving the battery life on my x2. Was playing some drag racing game today, made some phone calls, pandora at the gym for an hour, and still have 50%. So much better than my OG Droid.

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
No one has any sound problems? With the speaker on the back or odd camera sounds?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

magman

Reaction score
Only issue I have is low volume lol

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

barski

Reaction score
The battery life is the only good part of the Droid X2 as of right now. It lasts way longer than my Droid X. but i still use my Droid X just cause of ROM availability.

Anyways, your phone must have a problem, or some very power demanding apps.

Last edited:

BetoVazq

Reaction score
Juice Defender!app

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

gitarzan

Reaction score
I too was very underwhelmed with the battery performance on my Droid X2 at first.

My path to power:

1. I got the upgraded battery as mentioned earlier.

2. I read this and this.

3. I cannot find the links but there were two other useful pages I read, both on Motorola's forum:

---A. Let the battery run down dead for a few nights in a row, letting it charge fully before unplugging. This resets the counters or whatever in the phone, basically letting it know how far it really is until it's discharged.

---B. I did a Factory Reset which supposedly wiped some some bloat. I dunno. But it did seem to do better afterwards. Here's a link about that.

4. Lastly, and most stupidly... When I got the X2, I trotted off to mega-store and got a belt pouch. A belt pouch with magnetic snaps. Magnetic snaps that turned the X2 on as if it were in a car mount or a desktop mount. The X2 the stayed on all dang day having the life sucked out of it by the screen. I whittled out the magnets, stuck on some velcro, and after that and all I did before, I am now getting better battery life than I got with my old IPhone 3Gs.

dancedroid

Last edited: