Battery Life App?

mrpbjnance

Reaction score
Is there an application that gives you a time in hours/minutes of battery time left?

Sweet Daddy

Reaction score
Is there an application that gives you a time in hours/minutes of battery time left?

Not sure, but that is a GREAT idea! Not sure it would be possible though. Phone use is so sporadic. How would it determine what's left? Talk time, music, web surfing, etc. I could be wrong, but it seems that there are too many variables for this app to predict effectively.

OP
M

mrpbjnance

Reaction score
I only say this because I went out with a bunch of friends and my phone was dead.. an iphone guy brought up an app and said..my battery will last this long

DaHarder

Reaction score
Maybe a good Task Manager, so that you can kill unused background apps, would be a greater use to you?

RandyA

Reaction score
Whats the task killer? Does that quickley close open browser without having to back out of each screen?

DaHarder

Reaction score
Whats the task killer? Does that quickley close open browser without having to back out of each screen?

Among other things... There are several renditions in the Market Store

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
5 1/2 hours of usage, about half of that on the phone while tinkering, about 1 hour of tinkering off the phone (using GPS, 3G, and a few other programs), screen is set low for brightness but it's still quite bright to me (about 1/4 setting). It's at around 65% battery life. (+/- 1-2%)

Trip

Reaction score
I Totally agree with that article, people need to stop thinking of this as a phone, its not, its a full blown computer. Try taking your laptop out and keeping it running all day and see how long it lasts.

Some other things they didn't mention in that article, you need to turn off the WiFi and Bluetooth if you dont plan to use them for a while, they will activly search for connections if they dont have one and that eats power.

Personally I bought 3 media stations and a car mount and charger, If I'm at my desk at work or home, I put it in the media bay infront of the screen, makes a nice clock too :), if I'm driving, I put it in the car mount and plug it in, and I decided to use it as my alarm clock too, so I have a media station beside my bed and it gets to charge all night.