Battery life after the update.

rbrogdon

Reaction score
2.1 Improved Battery for Me

I am actually a brand new Droid owner. I really don't push the phone and was about to take it back because the battery was gong so fast. I had not calibrated the battery as mentioned above and still haven't, however, I had basically verified I had nothing to speak of running and the battery might last a day max. Since the update to 2.1 and no change to my usage, I charged my phone yesterday morning and now the new day it is still showing 80% charge...a huge improvement! Now I guess I better do the calibration procedure and see if anything changes.

adroid4me

Reaction score
Same battery issues here

I was ecstatic with the battery life prior to the 2.1 update; however, immediately following the update I have noticed that I barely make it through 1/2 day without it going under 40%. I am not a heavy user at all. One thing that I did notice was that my display is now using 53% of my battery and voice calls are using 32%. Okay, I really don't have that many voice call and they rarely last a couple minutes. The display is set at the 2nd level. Something is just not right with this.

Any advice? Thanks.

mikehal38

Reaction score
I was ecstatic with the battery life prior to the 2.1 update; however, immediately following the update I have noticed that I barely make it through 1/2 day without it going under 40%. I am not a heavy user at all. One thing that I did notice was that my display is now using 53% of my battery and voice calls are using 32%. Okay, I really don't have that many voice call and they rarely last a couple minutes. The display is set at the 2nd level. Something is just not right with this.

Any advice? Thanks.

That sounds right to me. If you don't use your phone much then the # will be higher in those categories. My phone shows about the same #.

Papachabre

Reaction score
Android4Me - you did calibrate the battery, yes? If you did that and it still exhibits poor battery life then try a hard-reset. This thread offers an excellent tip to help you save a little time after the reset.

And on that note, does anyone know if the Droid loses its battery calibration after a hard-reset?

TBV

Reaction score
Battery life has definitely improved for me since the 2.1 S/W update :i-m_so_happy:...(now if they would only make it so my bluetooth would activate the verbal commands!!!!!!! :)) TBV

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Battery life has definitely improved for me since the 2.1 S/W update :i-m_so_happy:...(now if they would only make it so my bluetooth would activate the verbal commands!!!!!!! :)) TBV

No android device does this. Pretty dumb, huh?