Battery life after settling in a bit?

eagle923

Reaction score
I typically avoid battery life discussions when a phone first comes out because of the crazy claims (I get two hours!!!, I get 36 hours!!!). People are using their new phones in atypical fashion, usually much more than normal. Plus tons of apps are being re-downloaded, data being synced...etc.

SO now that it has settled a bit and people are back to normal...

How is the battery life on the S6 for most people during a typical modest use day? I have a Note 3 and I typically head home after a work day (7am-5pm) with about 65-70% battery and about 50% by bedtime (11ish).

I use my phone for the calendar mostly, streaming music on WiFi, podcasts, emails...etc. I have excellent WiFi but hardly any cell signal, so I don't text much or call until I leave the building. Will I easily get a full day and if necessary part of the next on a charge?

Caesars

Reaction score
Pretty random for me.... My daily use is very consistent but my battery life is very inconsistent.

OP
eagle923

eagle923

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Is the S6 really this unpopular that nobody checks the forums? I was afraid I'd start a flame war with a battery question... =P

nateccnn

Reaction score
This phone is the worst of all phones I've owned in terms of battery life. I try to remember to place it on the charge puck at work but then I wonder off into the hallways and leave the phone in my office by accident. That's about the only time I actually end up with battery life remaining when I leave work. I literally have to charge my phone three times each day during the week.

Now...on the weekends when I am at home I can go all day long on one charge.

It may have something to do with my corporate wireless network? Or the fact I don't have great cell service inside my building at work so the phone is always looking for a better signal?

Nate

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
A bad cellphone signal can kill a battery crazy quick! I've bern getting between 15-19 hours out of my S6 Edge+ and I'm a heavy user.

Sent from my SM-P905V using Tapatalk

Hermes

Reaction score
For me, this phone has the best battery life I ever had and I've had a lot of smart phones. I came from a Galaxy S3 by the way.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
It's all too subjective to really "rate" a battery. What's your signal like in the areas you frequent? You say you have a weak cell signal and that will definitely effect the s6, should you choose to get one. That being said, Samsung has improved their radios so maybe the signal is more consistent.

I don't know the difference in battery capacity, but if you punch in the numbers, you could probably get a pretty close estimate to what your battery life may be with the s6.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
I have a very weak to no signal at work, so it sits on a Qi charger at work. But, I watch Netflix for about 2 hours a day. Play games for about 1 hour a day, and then use it as a smartphone with emails, calls, etc. Also, I use mine as a hotspot for 4-6 hours a day during a normal work week as I do not have home Internet. With all of this, I can go the entire afternoon / evening, but it's pretty much toast at night with 5% left. I'm a very heavy user, so I'm very hard on batteries. So far it's been on par with the LG G4, but only half as good as the iPhone 6+.

With the iPhone 6+, I never charged it during the day, did all of the above, and it would still have 20% left at night. So the iPhone 6+ wins hands down, but the hotspot was useless and something I have to have since I do not have home Internet. Android battery life sucks compared to the iPhone, so I need to stop comparing them. Sorry.