Battery life after 2.01 update?

Guchi

Reaction score
Yes like 20% as a rough estimate. that is aso adding home++

Stingray389

Reaction score
My battery life dropped as well, although I read that it might be due to a 3rd party apparently that I have on the phone that is not optimized for 2.0.1. Not sure if that is true since I haven't had the time to uninstall each apparently one by one to see if this helps. Being lazy, I hope that if this the reason for the drop in battery life, an update will come shortly for whichever apparently might be causing this.

ECLAIR

Reaction score
Look at the "battery use" settings and you can see where the battery life is going and adjust it. My battery life went down only for the fact that I'm always on my phone with all the new things I'm finding out daily. The screen, gps, & updates take a lot of life out of your battery if you're not talking all the time.

OP
M

mapexvenus

Reaction score
Look at the "battery use" settings and you can see where the battery life is going and adjust it. My battery life went down only for the fact that I'm always on my phone with all the new things I'm finding out daily. The screen, gps, & updates take a lot of life out of your battery if you're not talking all the time.

thank you for your response. How do you 'adjust'?
My battery performance has gone down about 20% and the only new application I have installed is GDE.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Look at the "battery use" settings and you can see where the battery life is going and adjust it. My battery life went down only for the fact that I'm always on my phone with all the new things I'm finding out daily. The screen, gps, & updates take a lot of lif..e out of your battery if you're not talking all the time.

thank you for your response. How do you 'adjust'?
My battery performance has gone down about 20% and the only new application I have installed is GDE.
I guess the 2 huge threads in the Droid general discussion about the battery wasn't enough. Why not start a third?

There is a documentation on the internet clearly showing that theqqq battery issue was addressed and battery life is improved. It is my experience that I agree. Battery is greatly improved in this new version.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I didn't have issues with battery life before, and i still don't. I have noticed a VERY small increase. I was getting 10-15 hours, now it's probably around 11-16... that's moderate to heavy usage.

Jaxx10

Reaction score
I get 6 hours .with 30 min worth of calls and email ckecking every hour, light browsing...

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
I don't usually drain my battery all the way before charging it, but I do notice that at the end of the day I have more charge left than I did before the update. After about 12 hours I usually have about 40% remaining.

I have email and twitter set to sync every few minutes, I play the occasional game, and I stream Pandora every evening for about an hour on my way home. Not too much actual phone usage though.

Battery life is very acceptable to me.

ToddP0530

Reaction score
Mine went up as well. ... On a semi-related note, I tried home++ beta for a day. It was awful. It does not play nice with my droid, but I do like its features and hope they get worked out during this beta.

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
I've been using Home++ for about a week now and it seems to work fine for me. I get the Force Close window fairly regularly, but regardless of if I push the "force close" button or the "wait" button, it just closes the message window and I'm back in action. It's a minor annoyance that will hopefully be fixed soon.