Battery Left

MotorolaDroid

Reaction score
How do you get the color of the battery to be transparent?

EDIT:
Meaning, I don't want the "juice" inside the battery to have color (if this makes sense) like Flomaster has.

- Mega

click on the widget, press the menu button, then press settings, and change the colors to something more desirable

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
here is my settings for the battery color.

high color = Blue
Med Color= Orange
Low color= red
Gradual color change = CHECK
solid battery color= CHECK

this faded the blue to orange and got me that greyish color you see in my screen shot...

but yeah white and black colors would be SWEET!

-=Jason=-

Phillipsave

Reaction score
Despite my setting everything in the menu including colors like Flomaster (above), the icon still shows a half-green battery on the home screen, with 18:12 always displayed, and never changing to reflect the stats. So I have to click and get the stats everytime. I also changed the menu settings for the current status to the time, and it stays the same, and doesn't change to the time my battery will die, or maybe it's set to that by default, don't know, so my current status reads 8:54, whatever that means. Any suggestions?

Later.....
Ok, I figured it out! I needed to reinstall the widget on my home screen, and it reflected my new setting. My status reflected the time left, so all problems solved!!!!

jbsangel

Reaction score
I've used this for i think 4 or 5 days now and I'm up to 67% accuracy and 16hr 36mins of total battery life. This is almost dead on accurate for me. The first few days I just used my phone as normal. I can go from wake up to bed time on a single charge and i'm around 20% when I plug it in before bed. I got to 50% accuracy in those 3 days time. I tend to check the status pretty often and most of the time this widget is pretty close to the reported battery. I check to see when the reported battery hits each decade, and the widget is usually only a few percent below the reported percent at each change. Only when I leave my phone alone for a long time, like 4+ hours, does the accuracy start to suck, as in the reported percent might be 80% but the widget is down on say 68%. But that makes sense because it isn't normal for to leave the phone alone that long. My normal usage is about 10-15 minutes of use per hour.

This app is sweet and so far i'm impressed with how it works. Give it time folks and don't have ridiculous expectations. It is only guessing your battery life based on how you used it in the past, so sometimes it won't be accurate if you are using your phone in an out of ordinary way.

Some things I would like to see (and would pay for the app if they had this):
I would like to see is the option to have the widget show the reported battery percent vs the calculated percent. Sometimes I'd rather see my true battery percent and estimated life, and click to see the estimated percent, instead of the other way around.

It would be great if there were buttons to launch the battery usage and battery history from the status screen (screen when the widget is clicked). This would basically give access to everything I look at when checking my battery status and life.

It would also be useful if the status screen included the system up time and time since last unplugged.

I am one that doesn't want clicking on the widget to give options for bluetooth, gps, display etc. I'd rather see my actual battery information as indicated above.

Love the app as it is, but look forward to any improvements or additions.

Big Cam

Reaction score
Mines at 62% and it seems to be off by a bit. I go to sleep, I wake up and the phone says 80% but battery left says 32% but shows the green bar almost full. Then I started streaming music and it jumps up to 49%, but my phone default now says 70%. Why is it underating my battery so much?

preinvent

Reaction score
Hi all,

Thanks again for your feedback.

naman919 - yep a 12hr display instead of 24 is on the cards. Will make it much more intuitive to use (ie no confusion as to whether you're seeing time left or time til death)

ASN121 - Have you used one of the recent versions? I've done some work to remove a lot of the excess CPU cycles, should be better on battery life now. I'll also keep in consideration the ability to turn bluetooth/gps/wifi etc on and off.

jbsangel - it's difficult to estimate time when your usage varies to the extremes.. ie if you leave it for 8 hours doing nothing, then run streaming video over wifi with the volume and brightness full. i could show reported battery % but have to be careful not to confuse people (ie they need to know what they're looking at). Could add in a button for the battery history easily enough, not sure what you mean by battery usage? Also easy enough to add in system uptime and last unplugged time.

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Playing HomeRun 3D wrecks havoc on battery Left. I can go from a 100% to dead in a matter of hours... LOL.. I might need to carry around an extra battery just because of that game. its like crack

-=Jason=-

naman919

Reaction score
@preinvent:

Thanks for your response and taking our feedback into consideration.

Throwing it out there, option to have the widget vertical vs horizontal?

amjacobs1

Reaction score
@preinvent:

I don't know if either one would take up the amount of screen space in a widget "block", but I vote to keep it as is. I also would rather not have the wi-fi, etc., since there are many programs out there that do that, but that is just my opinion. Good job on the program and using feedback from your customers to better your product.

naman919

Reaction score
@preinvent:

I don't know if either one would take up the amount of screen space in a widget "block", but I vote to keep it as is. I also would rather not have the wi-fi, etc., since there are many programs out there that do that, but that is just my opinion. Good job on the program and using feedback from your customers to better your product.

I was saying a 2x1 vertical battery would be a nice widget orientation, or option at least.

I agree with not needing the extraneous functions. Since 2.1 hack and also the .apx release of the control widget, it's not necessary. JMHO.

jbsangel

Reaction score
jbsangel - it's difficult to estimate time when your usage varies to the extremes.. ie if you leave it for 8 hours doing nothing, then run streaming video over wifi with the volume and brightness full. i could show reported battery % but have to be careful not to confuse people (ie they need to know what they're looking at). Could add in a button for the battery history easily enough, not sure what you mean by battery usage? Also easy enough to add in system uptime and last unplugged time.
Thanks for the feedback. I understand the bit about usage varying to the extremes, that is why I'm not surprised when I see the app severely underrating the percent left after my phone has been idle for longer than normal. Your app is very useful for me for gauging my battery life.

I'm up to 84% accurate and as long as use my phone "normally" it is pretty much dead on.

As for the battery usage, I'm talking about the screen that shows the actual device usage: % running, %screen on, % BT on, %wifi On, %wifi running, and has different choices you can select to see, among other things, partial wake usage. This is internal to the phone, but there is no link in the settings to get to it. Apps like spare parts and better cut provide links to see the screen, and the battery status widget app also links to this screen. This screen is very useful for gauging usage.

Nice to see you hanging out here and listening to the feedback. Looking forward to any of my suggestions that you might implement.

jbsangel

Reaction score
@preinvent:

I'm with you on that.

naman919

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I understand the bit about usage varying to the extremes, that is why I'm not surprised when I see the app severely underrating the percent left after my phone has been idle for longer than normal. Your app is very useful for me for gauging my battery life.

I'm up to 84% accurate and as long as use my phone "normally" it is pretty much dead on.

As for the battery usage, I'm talking about the screen that shows the actual device usage: % running, %screen on, % BT on, %wifi On, %wifi running, and has different choices you can select to see, among other things, partial wake usage. This is internal to the phone, but there is no link in the settings to get to it. Apps like spare parts and better cut provide links to see the screen, and the battery status widget app also links to this screen. This screen is very useful for gauging usage.

Nice to see you hanging out here and listening to the feedback. Looking forward to any of my suggestions that you might implement.

Not sure i'm understanding you, but you can get to that screen pretty quickly.

From the homescreen go to Settings>>About Phone>>Battery Use

Are you saying you just want this displayed automatically when clicking the Battery Left Widget?