1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Battery Left Question

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by PARick, Sep 24, 2010.

1. PARick

PARick New Member

Since I rooted, my battery left and stock battery indicator have not been on the same page. For example, yesterday Battery Left said I had a 38% remaining, and the stock said 70%. I deleted and reinstalled battery left, but noticed today they still don't have their act together. So, which one do I pay more attention to? I would assume the stock one. Also, is battery left the best one for a rooted phone? Thanks!
  2. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member Premium Member

For Battery left you have to charge your phone all the way up, and then run it till it dies to get an accurate measurement.
  3. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

Are you sure with Battery Left you are using System Battery % and not Estimated Battery %

There is a big difference and that would explain the readings being so far off
  4. PARick

PARick New Member

Bingo. Must have changed when I rooted as well as when I reinstalled. I forgot to reset it to system. Thanks!
  5. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

I still use Battery Left--works great--I have an extended battery and the MV readings are a necessity for me
  6. PARick

PARick New Member

So it reads the extended battery correctly, without having to reboot?
  7. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

No it doesn't read it correctly, it can be calibrated but IMO that is a pain...I just use the Mv readings it provides and it works great after you learn how to read them
  8. PARick

PARick New Member

Got it. Thanks!