Battery Issues

MegaThrasher

Reaction score
Guys, I'm having battery issues right now. At ~6 hrs of use w/ ~2 hrs of screen time and some music and youtube, I'm at 15% when I should be at at least 30. I used to be getting better battery, bit its just terrible right now. I even have a data toggle set up for when I'm not using data.

Sent from my Droid 2 Global running Fission 2.4.3

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I was having problems with DoubleTwist. It drained battery faster than the stock app. I would also suggest running JuiceDefender and progressively underclocking your phone. That helped with my battery quite a bit.

sent from a D2G with Liberty 2

Asphyx

Reaction score
Well depending on what was on the screen that was up for 2Hrs the battery will drain more if there are widgets that are constantly updating or especially music streaming apps and widgets.

Just the screen on by itself is bad but if it has to refresh often it is even worse.

From the looks of your Battery usage your screen is the problem.
Think about what widgets you might have added just before you noticed the battery problems.

Other major Battery suckers are live wallpapers and anything that requires the Video system to constantly change the screen either for animation or data display.

Even running a widget that displays the battery status will suck more battery time than without! LOL

In this case a watched pot boils twice as fast! LOL

I had to dump widget locker because it also killed my battery faster than before I installed it.

OP
M

MegaThrasher

Reaction score
Here's the thing, I didn't add anything before my problem. Unless its the widgets in the notification bar. I also didn't charge it very well and I haven't power cycled it in a while.

Also: screen was at max brightness because I was having trouble seeing it in the car, so that didn't help any either.

Asphyx

Reaction score
Those would not be widgets in the Notif bar they would be services and yes those could very well be the source of your battery drain.

A service runs constantly in the background and will use more proc at idle than no services.

Do you use SetCPU?
If you underclock you can extend battery and I also clock it down to 600 when the screen is off.

Added hours to my batlife

I try to recycle the battery once or twice a month.
Simply let it go and ignore the 5% and let it shut off.
I usually put in a fresh battery and leave the drained one on the charger till I'm ready to cycle again.
Seems to work well for me.

Last edited:
OP
M

MegaThrasher

Reaction score
Yeah I have setcpu set for 1200 when charging 1000 normally 800 below 30% and 300 w/ screen off.

Asphyx

Reaction score
Try going to 800 at 50% and then 600 below 30.

I go to 600 with screen off but I should try doing 300 just to see how that works.