Battery Issues with BB v0.4

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by fatjedi, Jul 5, 2010.

1. ptoronto

ptoronto New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I switched to Chevy's LV 800 7 slot kernel and my battery life has improved significantly with BB Froyo .4. If it plays nicely with your phone, try this kernel.

2. deputc26

deputc26 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    #26 deputc26, Jul 6, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  3. USCChem

USCChem Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Try uninstalling SetCPU and any task killers. I think SetCPU fights with BB's CPU control script and it kills your battery. I was having the same type of problem, super short battery life, but after uninstalling SetCPU my phone is faster and my battery lasts over twice as long.

4. Twista89

Twista89 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    what do you use to monitor temps then??

5. TRIKOTRET

TRIKOTRET Active Member

Ratings:
    +6

why task killers? does Pete have a script which works as a task killer :icon_eek:

6. Larry_ThaGr81

Larry_ThaGr81 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Might I suggest trying out Juice Defender and/or SwitchPro Widget. JD is free but the paid version offers you probably the best saving battery feature, which is to turn off the data connection during non essential hours such as while you're sleeping.

I recommend SwitchPro Widget because you can then use the free version of JD and buy SwtichPro Widget for less than half the cost of JD and manually toggle your own data connection off during non essential hours from your homescreen.

I used many different data/APN toggle applications and SwitchPro Widget is the first that I've come across that actually works for CDMA phones, such as ours.

7. Larry_ThaGr81

Larry_ThaGr81 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    At the pace I'm going right now with my current configuration, I anticipate 80% or no less than 70% remaining on my battery life after one full day. Of course this is with minimum use and Chevy's 800MHz low voltage kernel. I can't use his ulv kernel because it causes my video recording with high definition setting to freeze up within a minute of recording.

8. USCChem

USCChem Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, BB will maintain 50MB of memory at most times. I bet you will be surprised how well your phone performs with no task killer.

As far as temperatures go, I'd say just don't worry about it. I've never noticed my phone getting hot, in fact it seems to run cooler than with SetCPU on. I'm on Chevy's ULV 1.25GHz kernel.

Just try it... you'll like it. I was shocked.