Battery issues related to password change?

runnerodb83

Reaction score
I'm a long time lurker and first time poster. I've scoured this site and others looking for a resolution and cant seem to find anything that works...

Background: I have a 16gb Bionic unrooted running the lastest gingerbread version that I've had for about 8 months. With my normal usage i can go from 6am to midnight with 30-40% battery remaining. I typically stay in 3g mode and use the following and have them synched
-gmail (app)
-talk
-latitude

the only manual refresh i use is twitter.

With the battery monitor widget, my phone typically consumed power at a rate of 40-60mah per hour when in standby (screen off).

The other day i received an email from google saying that an email account associated with the account that my phone is tied to recently received several failed login attempts from an ip address i didnt recognize. I figured it would be prudent to change my password on BOTH email accounts, so i did. Part way through the process, google asked me if i wanted to use 2 step verification, I said yes initially but then stopped before sending any additional single use passwords out because of the hassle it would make. within a minute or so, my phone alerted me that my synching was not working and to reenter my gmail password. i did that and checked to see what was synching, adjusted to only contacts, mail, and calendar. i didnt pay much attention to my phone the rest of the day.

yesterday, i received a note that picasa password needed updating in my phone, i did, no problem but i noticed i had burned through 20% of battery within 90 minutes of work which is high even if im using the phone. i looked at the battery monitor widget (bmw) and it was showing usage between 115 to 240 mah when the phone has been left alone for 30 minutes. the phone is also typically registering higher temps, mid 80s to 90s whereas before it was in the upper 70s.

Things I've tried...
turn off synching (still drains at the same rate)
turn off web history (read that the most recent version of google search links search history on phone with signed in google searches on computers)
turned location services to "gps standalone only"
killing and uninstalling several apps
turning off verizon contact backup on verizon site and not signing on on phone
soft reset
battery pull
different battery
battery drain and recharge while off
airplane mode - power off - battery pull - 10 sec - battery back in, turn on, turn off airplane mode

still no help, right now im trying to have it turn off data after 15 mins to see if that makes a difference, but part of the reason i have a smart phone is so i can see my emails when i get them...not have to wait till i wake up the phone.

i really liked being down in the 40-60mah consumption when not using the phone and enjoyed having battery life similar to my OG droid. ANY advice from anyone would be greatly helpful!!!

OP
R

runnerodb83

Reaction score
i should add that even when all synching is off, it is still using 150-200mah.