Battery Issues Any Better Now?

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt Battery Discussions' started by tea_b0ne, May 4, 2011.

1. alboboy10

alboboy10 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19
    I played with my friends iphone4 today cause I thought those phones had bad battery too.

Extremely misinformed.

This phone does a terrible job monitoring battery. When it's awake or being used.

Android system maybe is the reason for that...but playing with my friends iphone made me realize how bad this battery is.

Thank god for extended battery (which looks horrible) and even this...

2. yniloc

yniloc New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was thinking the same. If they at least would push a SW update to make it last at least a full day or give us all free batteries I may feel a bit better about my purchase, but at present I am regretting it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

3. geoff5093

geoff5093 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +29
    A software update isn't going to give your battery any more capacity.

4. Andrew C

Andrew C Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Turn mobile network off before you go to bed. That will save your battery. With mobile network off I will lose around 8%. With it on and a full charge, my battery will lose 90-99% :icon_eek: No joke!

5. plumcrazy

plumcrazy Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    im apparently a heavy user and assumed i was. i get 40-50 emails, bunch of phone calls, texts and i need the data on at all times. i have done all the tips and tricks to help battery life but there is no way in **** i can make a full day with the stock battery. id bet on a busy day, i cant make it from 6am - lunchtime.

i guess the TB is not meant to have data running all the time......thats just retarded.

i wont use the extended battery, its way too big and ugly, and i keep the phone in my pocket. so im gonna keep an extra battery with me all the time and make sure i plug it in when in the car (always do that anyways)

but the battery life is worse on this than the droidX with the same settings and same use if not less.

#29 plumcrazy, May 7, 2011
    Last edited: May 7, 2011
  6. Kid A

Kid A Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There's no garbage about it, different people get different results. Granted, the Bolt will never get amazing battery life, but just cause your experience with HTC has been bad doesn't mean everyone's is.

If you live in a 4G area and are a heavy user, you may need an extended battery or at least a 1700 mAh one. If you live in a 3G area, you should do just fine with the standard battery. It depends.

#30 Kid A, May 7, 2011
    Last edited: May 7, 2011
  7. plumcrazy

plumcrazy Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    at 4:44pm i had a full charge, had one 2+ minute phone call, 6 texts, 1 email and it is down to 73% at 9:44pm.

5 hours and that much battery life with that usage is not good by any standard IMO. weekends are BY FAR my slowest days.

I am going to put a different battery in and test it out tomorrow and see what it does.

8. Ryukashin

Ryukashin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    On average I get about 9-10 hours a day before I get home for the night and throw it on the charger, even then theres always at least 45% left. Best I've gotten was 14 hours with about 40% left, but that was on constant WiFi all day.

Today I went into work (for city Aquatics) I don't really need data for anything at work since I'm rarely on the phone there, but I went almost 8.5 hours and only lost about 10% battery.

#32 Ryukashin, May 7, 2011
    Last edited: May 8, 2011
  9. plumcrazy

plumcrazy Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    just woke up, fully charged. unplugged, checked 4 emails, restarted the phone and i am now at 89%

10. Ryukashin

Ryukashin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    don't restart your phone lol, for some reason I usually lose about 10% per restart. I've even done the whole deleting batterystats.bin thing and it didn't help that.

11. jellybean420

jellybean420 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is definitely a thunderbolt issue not an HTC issue. I switched from the tbolt to the Droid Incredible 2 and have great battery life. The tbolt just can't handle the battery properly. Especially after reboots.

Sent from my ADR6350

12. Strik3r8ty5

Strik3r8ty5 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Most people done realize that Droid phones are exactly like a.laptop in ur hand. Unplug a laptop and go to town rumning multiple apps and the battery life last 3 to 4 hours. Same with Android phones, some better then others. Main thing is make sure that certain settings that ur not using are off, such as WI FI, GPS ect second make sure ur using an app killer, it ur not then ur batt life will drain quick bc the apps love to run in the back ground. Third even if ur running an app killer doesn't always shut down that app. Make sure u got into ur apps management and force close apps ur not using, this will save a lot of battery time. And forth, if ur not in a 4G covered area u can input a encryption code and get into the phones settings and toggle off the 4G LTE radio and run strictly 3G until ur area is covered, doin this to my TB help out a lot. Today last charge I had on my phone was 9pm yesterday which was 5/7 and just now plugged it in at 4:30pm on 5/8 and that was with some pretty heavy use, was playing games on it last nite at the bar, had a 45 min phone call last nite and been textin all Damn day, I got my batt life under control..... That's my advice.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums