battery issue

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering why my bionic won't charge all the way.

Yesterday it charged to only 70%, and after all night it charged to only 80%

It's not that old so why is it doing that??

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Are you using the stock charger. The meter may also need to be reset by using it until 10% then turn off and charge and then use it to 10% again and recharge

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

geekabilly

Reaction score
I was on .232 since it appeared until 247 came out, and I finally took the plunge with HofB -- have both standard & extended moto batteries -- in the past week I noticed that if I was using one battery & ran it down to anywhere from 75 to 30 %, swapped in the other battery that had been fully charged (green light) on the moto A/C charger, then swapped out the batteries again after the drained battery was green on the charger, that the re-charged battery would only register the pre-charge level (75-30%) -- had not noticed that before on any ICS or GB stock or custom ROMS -- battery will charge to 100 when phone is plugged in to a moto A/C charger, sometimes very abruptly

tlarseth

Reaction score
I'm wondering why my bionic won't charge all the way.

Yesterday it charged to only 70%, and after all night it charged to only 80%

It's not that old so why is it doing that??

I had the same issue with 247, what I did to fix it was press Menu>Manage Apps>All Then disable ones you don't want, if you need a list do a quick search there are guides out with which apps are safe to disable, this is a feature built into ICS, and I have noticed that there was a lot of uneeded apps draining the battery almost faster than the charger can charge it, which is why I was getting really slow charge times.

OP
DevilDogMP

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
tlarseth said:
I had the same issue with 247, what I did to fix it was press Menu>Manage Apps>All Then disable ones you don't want, if you need a list do a quick search there are guides out with which apps are safe to disable, this is a feature built into ICS, and I have noticed that there was a lot of uneeded apps draining the battery almost faster than the charger can charge it, which is why I was getting really slow charge times.

Nice! Alright thanks!

tlarseth

Reaction score
Just be careful on what you disable, if you disable the wrong one you may brick your phone, but if you do research first you should be fine. I have over 20 apps disabled on my Bionic 247.