battery issue possibly with 247

josh1980

Reaction score
Your battery should last more than 2 years even with heavy use(which I don't think qualifies for you since you said you get 2 days out of it typically).

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Josh is basically right about battery lifespan. Typical manufacturers rate the "end of life" or "end of usable life" of a battery as when it will only hold a charge that is 80% of original capacity. For most, that means the battery will take about 500 full charge cycles where a full cycle is the consumption of 100% of a charge and 100% charge replenishment.

For example, if you use the phone from a full charge (100%) to 50%, then charge back to 100% typically every day, you have used 1/2 of a charge cycle. If you do that 2 days in a row, then you will have consumed and charged 50% twice, or 50% + 50% = 100%, or one full charge cycle. For that person, they will get 1,000 days of life from that battery. For someone who uses the phone from a full charge to 15% and then charges to 100% again, they will get about 588 days of lifespan before the battery will only hold 80% charge (500/85% = 588).

Other factors play a role in how long the battery will last including how fast you charge (slower is better), how deeply you discharge (not less than 15% is better), how fully you charge (not more than 80% is better), and how heavily you use it during the discharge portion of the cycle (slower discharge is better than fast).

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
J

jjgoose

Reaction score
oddly enough, my battery seems to have started behaving today. I was using my standard battery last night testing things out and it was still draining like crazy. I grabbed my extended batt and put it in this morning at 7:00 AM. It started with an 80% charge. Its not 4:25 PM and Im at 60%. Thats right back where it was. I was playing around today and Voxer seemed to be acting funny so I uninstalled it, but I dont think that was causing the battery problem as it wasnt showing up on the CPU, battery, or RAM monitors ive been looking at. Im going to give it a few more days to see how it goes before I get crazy and do an FDR.

Maddog241

Reaction score
oddly enough, my battery seems to have started behaving today. I was using my standard battery last night testing things out and it was still draining like crazy. I grabbed my extended batt and put it in this morning at 7:00 AM. It started with an 80% charge. Its not 4:25 PM and Im at 60%. Thats right back where it was. I was playing around today and Voxer seemed to be acting funny so I uninstalled it, but I dont think that was causing the battery problem as it wasnt showing up on the CPU, battery, or RAM monitors ive been looking at. Im going to give it a few more days to see how it goes before I get crazy and do an FDR.

That sounds like progress.

bionicDman

Reaction score
Upgraded to 246 then 247. Loving that I have no data drops, and processor got a boost to 1.2 GHz. Phone functions better, and ICS is sweet, but battery life has been far less than with 905. I have disabled bloatware, and after a week of waiting to see if ICS would "settle in" and start giving decent battery life, I gave up and tried an FDR. Sadly, it was not a silver bullet, and today I'm at 15% after 8 hours of light use, and very little data. No GPS at all. Any suggestions? I used to get about 14 hours with moderate use, but today is even worse than last week before I did the FDR. Frustrating....
Screenshot_2012-10-09-16-08-23.png

OP
J

jjgoose

Reaction score
MY battery seems to be back where it was and Im glad I held off on the FDR. Im at 67% right now on my extended battery. I pulled it off charge at 7:00 AM and its now 7:10PM. Granted I didnt use it much at work today, a few emails and txts, but Im now back to where I was. Im going to monitor it close for another week or so. Its going on 6 days now from 905 to 247.

Screenshot_2012-10-09-19-12-30.png

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
jjgoose said:
MY battery seems to be back where it was and Im glad I held off on the FDR. Im at 67% right now on my extended battery. I pulled it off charge at 7:00 AM and its now 7:10PM. Granted I didnt use it much at work today, a few emails and txts, but Im now back to where I was. Im going to monitor it close for another week or so. Its going on 6 days now from 905 to 247.

How do you have 67% battery? Like how come you know it's at 67, in 1% increments?

guitarskoota

Reaction score
BTW JJGoose, just curious, did you reenable your GPS after you had disabled it to troubleshoot? If you havent, and it is an app using GPS, the problem may come back once you reenable, unless you already have and it's not causing a problem, then that's not an issue.

OP
J

jjgoose

Reaction score
BTW JJGoose, just curious, did you reenable your GPS after you had disabled it to troubleshoot? If you havent, and it is an app using GPS, the problem may come back once you reenable, unless you already have and it's not causing a problem, then that's not an issue.

All still off. I only manually turn it on when I need navigaton.