Battery issue and missed sms/mms

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by ChuckDz3, Mar 3, 2011.

1. ChuckDz3

ChuckDz3 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Well first off I love this rom. Seems to fully adopt gingerbread with added features that project elite brings in. I have read many good reviews about these developers and flashed this rom about 2 weeks ago because of droid-life recommending it. At the beginning I absolutely loved it. Great speed, performance, battery life, overall satisfaction. Although recently I have been encountering some concerning problems.

First off the battery life.
    I tried both setcpu configure settings, 400 max when screen turned off, temp adjustments and batter level adjustments. That didn't seem to work so I let the PE configuration run on its on without enabling set cpu.

Well recently it would hold battery until about 50-70 percent and then all of the sudden drop right to 20 or below without any activity. Not sure why that is the case. I would have medium to light usage and encounter this problem. (also it does seem to be running hot, not a major issue just an issue to help diagnose maybe?)

Another problem I was having was actually two existing problems that I have seen in this rom along with other roms. Both GB and Froyo based. This problem was embedded in the sms/mms.

First I would not recieve notification about a received text message, in the status bar. It would come up as a new message through handcent or stock messaging (I tried both as defaults) but it would not pop up in status/notification bar. I would actually have to open up stock or handcent to see a new message.

Another, which was a much more critical issue, I have noticed not only in this rom but with other roms, is the missing sms/mms messages. I would literaly text my phone via another phone right next to it and never receive notifcation or the message at all! I have tried updating roaming capabilities and reflashing roms but it seems to be a problem after running a rom for a few days or a week before the problem persits.

I am pretty frusterated because I love the performance of this rom and it seems to be a pretty high favorite among D1 users so any input on these issues would be greatly apperciated.

Again thanks for all the hard work PE developers!!

2. doublea500

doublea500 Active Member

Ratings:
    +13
    for the messaging problem, go to performance then lock your messaging app. thatll probably fix it. for the battery problem, you should calibrate your battery. heres my method- charge to 100%, drain to 0%, charge to 100%, go to pe settings then maintenence then clear battery stats, then drain to 0, then charge back to 100%. itll take a few days before you start to see positive results.

3. ChuckDz3

ChuckDz3 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    lock the messaging app. Stock or handcent? Also do I need to be up to date with 5.0.2 to be able to lock? The recalibrating I am familiar with so I will definitly try that, thanks.

4. doublea500

doublea500 Active Member

Ratings:
    +13
    yea you gotta be 5.02. for the messanging, use the messaging app that you use to message lol. the one you SHOULD get notifications from (one with notifications on)

5. ChuckDz3

ChuckDz3 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I'll flash 5.0.2 and give that suggestion a try. Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. Just for educational purposes, what exactly does locking a specific app do? (you don't have to answer just trying to learn)

6. Staveandor

Staveandor Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Locking an app means you're locking it into memory - the task killer wont (shouldn't) kill it. This way, the task killer wont end the process, and you (should) get all of your text messages/notifications, just like on 2.2.

Both Actngreazy and Mojo_Droid have stated that they hope this is a temporary solution, and they're looking for a better fix.