Battery in cold weather

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by cruzincat, Dec 11, 2010.

1. cruzincat

cruzincat New Member

I recently had to work outside for a few hours in temperatures just below freezing for the first time since getting my Droid(1) last spring. The battery seemed to drop rapidly to 20% or less with no usage. Any one else have this problem? Anything that might be done to avoid this?
  2. 252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz New Member

I work in a lumber yard in eastern NC and I am outside majority of the time and my battery seems to do just fine but it does drop from full to 90% really quick. Not sure if due to temp or not tho

Sent from my D2
  3. funken

funken New Member

Never had this problem last winter, but this winter I do. I ski almost every day and have the phone in my chest pocket. I can charge it to 100% at night and if I do something like hike with music on for 30 minutes or so, it drops to 15%. But here's the weird part. I can listen to the music for hours between 5 and 15% and the battery doesn't die. I'll warm the phone up, charge it for 10 minutes and it will be back to 50%. Very annoying....
  4. MuffinTop

MuffinTop New Member

I noticed the same thing,while being outside when the ambient temp was in the 20s(F). Tried force closing running apps,and it didn't seem to help to save the life of my battery. I'd like to find a way to recharge my batterty, using my body to recharge my Droid.
  5. Manigma77

Manigma77 Member

Strange, I've been having the same problem, but i thought it was miui. I just loaded cm back on my phone today, I will work outside tomorrow and let you know what happens with cm.
  6. TuxDude

TuxDude New Member

I believe when the temp goes below zero or very low temps, the battery might not report its charge levels accurately.... It is also not advisable to use your phone in extremely low temps like below 10 deg F or so....
  7. swagmonster

swagmonster New Member

Batteries hold energy, anything cold loves that energy, energy is transfered from the battery to the air, electronics also just plain out suck in cold weather, keep ur phone as warm as u can should work fine

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
Search tags for this page
android cold battery drain
cell phone battery life in cold weather
cold baterei android gratis
does cold drain batteries
does cold drain battery life

does cold weather drain batteries

does cold weather drain cell phone batteries

does cold weather drain cell phone battery

droid razr battery cold weather

droid x2 battery drain when cold