Battery % in 2.5

dr2ww62

Reaction score
So far everything on this ROM is fantastic with one exception:

When using the % for the battery indicator it seems a little wonky. It seems like the icon used for the battery isn't sized for the text that is used, see attached image. Not a huge deal, but I thought I'd try to change it. I don't really want to theme my ROM, I like everything the way it is. Well, I wouldn't mind if all the red colors were switched to green, but really I just want the battery indicator to look a little more slick. I don't really care to invest the time in finding a theme that looks the way I want, and I haven't taken the time to figure out how to do it myself, as I will explain more later. So I did some research and came across this thread on XDA. Tried the kitchen, and it seemed pretty slick. But the output throws an error everytime about the 9.png files or something, which I guess is common on themed ROM's due to how the files are edited. Beyond me, I just gave up at this point.

So my question is this, and sorry if this has been addressed in other places. I've done some searching and I've come up with different information. I just am nervous about flashing hacked up stuff to my phone, I like to rely on experienced people who know what they are doing so things don't get skrewy on the backend where I have no idea what I'm doing. So I'm leery to just flash some update.zip that someone claims is a battery notification mod, without knowing if it will cause issues down the road because they didn't know what they were doing or it wasn't really intended to work with my phone/ROM. But back to my question:

Is there a simple and easy way to change the battery indicator without having to theme my entire ROM or do any fancy decompiling and whatnot? Or is theming the battery indicator complex enough that it requires in-depth tinkering?

I may be making this harder than it is, but anything beyond flashing an update.zip makes me nervous. I don't like doing things I don't understand, and I know enough to know that this isn't something to mess with lightly. I don't really get odexed/deodexed, decompiling, zipaligning, 9.png's, or any of those other things. I know they are things related to editing apk's and whatnot, but I've never done it or seen it explained so I don't want to just jump in, rip open my framework and throw in some mods and then flash it to my phone, only to find out I'm skrewing myself because I didn't know about this other stuff I've heard people mention before.

Also, anyone else tried the circlemod thing from the UOT Kitchen with UD and had better success? I know it works with cyanogen 6.1, so it must be the custom theming done on UD causing the issue with their tool.

*edit* just saw a post below about using Metamorph to do this, so I might check into that. Never used it before, but sounds like it will do what I'm trying to do.

Attachments

• CAP201012151140.jpg
    CAP201012151140.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 275

tjkriegel

Reaction score
The percentage will not line up since the new battery image is vertical instead of the old horizontal so the image is not as wide.