Battery Icon Showing a ?....

XNAVYGAL

Reaction score
Does anyone know what this means and how I can fix my phone? It's not letting charge.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
It means you're having battery issues. Have you tried rebooting it?

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Question mark means the phone doesn't recognize the battery as a legitimate Motorola battery, or that the battery is either deep-discharged or faulty.

If you have an external docking station with a slot for a battery, try charging the battery there. Also, you can try removing the battery BEFORE plugging the phone onto the charger, then insert the battery while connected. There may be other methods to "jumpstart" the battery charging again but I am not sure. I own a D2 but have never had this trouble with it.

Good luck and I'm sure there'll be others along to help as well. :biggrin:

OP
XNAVYGAL

XNAVYGAL

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply so quickly I should have mentioned that I have the Droid4 so I can not take the battery out. I have rebooted it twice but still has the ?. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY don't want to have to do a factory reboot!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
OK, so I mistook you for a Droid 2 user, since your profile says Droid2 (under your avatar). You may wish to change that. To do so, click on "Settings" at the top right corner of the page, then select "Edit Profile" from the menu on the left, and go down to where it says "Current Phone Model:", and change it to Droid 4.

The only options left for you are to either do a hard reset, or a Factory Data Reset (FDR). I will defer to the D4 experts here.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Thank you for your reply so quickly I should have mentioned that I have the Droid4 so I can not take the battery out. I have rebooted it twice but still has the ?. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY don't want to have to do a factory reboot!

Ummmm. Well.. you don't really have any other alternative... sorry :( you may wind up contacting vzw for a replacement.. this is definitely a warranty issue.

OP
XNAVYGAL

XNAVYGAL

Reaction score
That's weird that it says Droid 2. It says Droid 4 when I looked it up under my settings.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The difference is what she has entered in forum runner and what she has entered on the forum site I think..:)