Battery Help

alienware777

Reaction score
I've read all of the battery things, and mine is working pretty well I must say. However, when i view my battery usage (settings, about phone, battery use), display is always taking up 75-80% of the battery. How do I change this? I have the auto-dim feature on.

jasonb

Reaction score
i have my brightness set at the minimum. it's still bright enough for me.

so far my battery life has been what i would expect it to be. i got my droid on sunday. it was easily killed in a matter of 8-12 hours the first 3 days because i did nothing but play with it. today i worked 9.5 hours so it sat in my pocket all day. when i left work it was still at 90%. i sent and received a couple text messages during the day and quickly showed the phone to a couple people at work. i'd say it was out of my pocket for maybe 20 minutes, the rest of the time it just sat idle.

the screen seems to eat up the battery fast though, even on the lowest setting.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've read all of the battery things, and mine is working pretty well I must say. However, when i view my battery usage (settings, about phone, battery use), display is always taking up 75-80% of the battery. How do I change this? I have the auto-dim feature on.

I don't use auto-dim for that reason. I keep it at about 30-35% brightness. More then enough for most situations, unless it's like directly in the sun. And with about 3-5 hours of calls on the battery at the same time, the display rarely makes it above 10%. But you have to understand that it's all relative to how you use the phone, and what you use. Talking on the phone takes up alot of battery, so in comparison the display isn't nearly as much.

OP
A

alienware777

Reaction score
I keep it at about 30-35% brightness. More then enough for most situations, unless it's like directly in the sun. And with about 3-5 hours of calls on the battery at the same time, the display rarely makes it above 10%. But you have to understand that it's all relative to how you use the phone, and what you use. Talking on the phone takes up alot of battery, so in comparison the display isn't nearly as much.

Ok thanks. I'll try it out at 30% brightness and see how it fares.