battery help

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by saintlikesniper, Apr 26, 2012.

1. saintlikesniper

Ratings:
    +0
    Where did you find the options to set the battery level. In BAMF settings or actual developer settings. And recently I have had some pretty bad battery life mainly because the mediaserver running as I play music. Most the of the time it burns threw my battery with in 5 hours. Even searching the issue I can't seem to find the answer anybody here might know?

2. eddie7

eddie7 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I downloaded the franco kernel app updater from the playstore. It has extended my battery life alot. And under settings go to battery life extender and you can set to charge to any % you want.

#14 eddie7, May 20, 2012
    Last edited: May 20, 2012
  3. saintlikesniper

Ratings:
    +0
    Ah well I'm going to try CM9 for once see how it does. Loved it back on the og Droid

4. whatuseekisfire

Ratings:
    +0
    lmfao...

5. joshnichols189

Ratings:
    +0
    The battery on phones isn't meant to sit at 100% and on the charger for long periods of time. To prevent this, the phone will charge to 100%, take itself off the charger down to say 95%, and then get back on the charger until 100% and repeat. However, when it hits 100% the first time, it will say "fully charged" even if it's not.

6. tsmith9191

tsmith9191 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone,

I just purchased a brand new Samsung galaxy nexus a few days ago. Absolutely love the phone, but the only thing is that I noticed the battery life is not very good. I had a Droid x2 prior so I know how smart phone die quick. This morning after having it off all night charging I unplug it go pick up my brother from school, come home check Facebook, twitter, etc. And the battery indicator is already saying 87%. Like it drains super fast . I wasn't sure if this was how the phone is or if I should buy a new battery. Or should I pull the battery out. Idk what to do. I love the phone though. Just a lil battery problem is all. Any help from you guys would be much appreciated.

7. trink08

trink08 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Drain ur battery till ur phone dies and shuts off. Then take battery out, wait a minute put back in the fully charge phone while phone is off.

Also, download app juice defender or something similar. That app can customize ur phone to help save battery life.

8. tsmith9191

tsmith9191 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I heard apps like juice defender actually cause your phone trouble because the phone has to constantly reconnect. I used to have juice defender on my x2. Maybe its better now, I'll def look into it. And draining it till it dies will help?

Also my battery usage screen now says usage 1h 15m and I'm at around 75%...

9. Mike.757

Mike.757 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +488
    Do NOT discharge your battery until the phone shuts off! Take it down until the low battery warning is displayed (should be 10% with ICS). Then turn the phone off and charge it to 100%. Do this two nights then your phone will be good to go for about 2-3 months. Then repeat. By tripping your low battery flag and recharging to 100% you are calibrating the battery to what full and empty are. If you discharge until the phone turns off, you may get stuck in a bootloop. This will brick your phone! There is a great discussion on this by Foxcat. When I find the thread, I will edit this post to add the link.

EDIT: Here is the link that I was talking about. In the discussion, he talks about discharging to 15%. But remember that this was started prior to the ICS release. ICS does not pop a warning until 10%. You need to wait until that pops up on your screen.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-support/203273-battery-dead-all-you-naysayers.html

#21 Mike.757, Aug 1, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  10. justin82

justin82 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +215
    moving to battery forum will have a better discussion in there i am sure foxkat will show up there eventually :)

11. B0B0

B0B0 Member

Ratings:
    +5
  12. tsmith9191

tsmith9191 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh I'm sorry I haven't really posted a lot I didn't know there was a battery forum. OK so run till low battery indicator then shut off and charge. I just hope nothing is wrong with my battery.

Search tags for this page
battery life extender samsung galaxy s4 kernel

franco kernel battery life extender

samsung galaxy s3 battery stuck at 98%