Battery Help/Tips!

Jose.Santos

Reaction score
My phone's battery has been draining really fast lately, i don't know why. My brightness is down, screen timeout is 15 sec, GPS off same with bluetooth and airplane mode is on, becuase i have no sim right now. So can someone please give me some kind of advice on battery saving and apps that are really use full and apps not to get, like task killer apps I heard they are bad for your phone. PLEASE help me :\

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hello, welcome to DF. What kind of device do you have?

OP
Jose.Santos

Jose.Santos

Reaction score
Samsung galaxy Q SGH-T589R

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
How old is the battery?? They only take so many charges, then they don't hold a charge very well.

Other than that...I just don't have any experience with your device..

OP
Jose.Santos

Jose.Santos

Reaction score
I don't know what you mean how old my battery is, but i got it around april.

Last edited:
OP
Jose.Santos

Jose.Santos

Reaction score
But do u have any tips? Apps to get? Apps not to get?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
OK.. for apps to monitor your battery, try something like gsam.

Battery extender is a good app for saving battery, but it works when the screen is off.

If your battery is going dead very fast... it may be defective. Or your screen on time could be the issue.

You see, the screen is what kills batteries on smartphones :) its your interface, your screen.... everything.. :)

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
What kind of phone do you have? If you have a razr or any other phone that does not have a removeable battery, you can get yourseft into big trouble! The phone will gt to a point where it will not accept a charge at all.

There is a gent in the Razr forums called Foxkat. He is very knowledgable about batteries and has posted several threads. Here is the layman's overview of what he discusses. Hope this helps!

You battery does not develop a memory like a NiCad battery will. Any you have a certain number of charges. It really doesn't matter if you run your battery from full to empty once or if you run it full to half twice. To the battey, it feels the same. Hope that makes sense.

The best thing you can do for your battery is to reset the thresholds so your phone know where full and empty are. You do this by running your phone until the low battery warning pops up on your screen. It will pop up at 10% if you are running ICS. Then turn your phone off (all the way) and charge it overnight to 100%. Then the next day, do it again. This will reset the flags in your phones operating system so you phone will know what full and empty are. You should get better battery life and shouldn't get into a deep discharge condition when you thought you had a few minutes left on your phone. It saved my bacon last night. I was trying to get my phone overclocked and even though it was plugged into the computer, it was discharging and got doen to 4% before I was able to plug it in to a better cable. WAY too close! If my phone "thought" it was 4% and it was actually less, my phone would have hit that deep discharge state.

E

_Evelyn_

my battery run out of use fast, too. but recently i found that if i use the charger rather than charge it directly from the laptop with a usb cable, the battery last much longer

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
For awhile I was using an app called battery defender. It turns all radios off when your screen times out. You can still get text and calls but all other apps that use radios will stop until you turn your screen back on.

Sent from my DROID Bionic using Tapatalk