Battery Heating Up with Tethering

Viper Daimao

Reaction score
Anyone else's (stock) battery get really hot when tethering? Both wireless and wired. It seems to run really hot and I worry about the battery and phone. My friend's wireless tethering shuts down every hour or so and I'm wondering if it's because he has a case on his TB and the tethering along with the case are causing it to overheat and shut the tethering down.

I also had it on LTE/EvDo inside a restaurant where it was getting little to no reception. The phone started getting hot (not as hot as tethering) and dropped like 6-10% of the battery.

Is this normal or does it sound like I have a bad battery and/or phone? I have stock everything, no case, no root and the update with random reboots.

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Yeah thats normal for any phone, youre almost constantly using the antenna for data transfer, that takes alot.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

johnd09

Reaction score
Perfectly normal, there's a lot going on while tethering.

Sent from my Thunderbolt!!

johnd09

Reaction score
It's free till June 15th, after then its an extra fee.

hotkoko

Reaction score
Oh man the phone cooks while tethering. I just downloaded easy tether pro the otherday for 9.99 totally free for ever

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

Jacob9424

Reaction score
Oh man the phone cooks while tethering. I just downloaded easy tether pro the otherday for 9.99 totally free for ever

Free and wireless if rooted :) lol I'm trolling imma stop :p

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

johnd09

Reaction score
There is actually a complaint filed with fcc saying vzw will void 700mhz purchase terms by blocking free tether apps in marketplace.

Jacob9424

Reaction score
There is actually a complaint filed with fcc saying vzw will void 700mhz purchase terms by blocking free tether apps in marketplace.

Yah...but that isn't stopping a 2 second google search and download :p.

hotkoko

Reaction score
Its not stopping amazon app store either. That's where I got my easytether app. And its not free, I payed 9.99. No monthly fee

Jacob9424

Reaction score
Its not stopping amazon app store either. That's where I got my easytether app. And its not free, I payed 9.99. No monthly fee

Yeah but you can search for free wireless tether apps for root users...without paying the ten bucks