1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Battery heat after rooting

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by amshea88, Jul 24, 2010.

1. amshea88

amshea88 New Member

I recently rooted my Moto droid from stock 2.1 to the latest BB froyo 2.2 and it seems like ever since then my battery has been getting really hot (36-42 degrees Celsius) and I was wondering is this normal or should i be shutting my phone down every few hours so it cools down? I heard by the battery getting this hot it could cause the phone to malfunction. Thanks...first time poster so let me know if i can help out more.
  2. validoption

validoption New Member

This speaks to the idiosyncrasies of each device. Some ROMs and kernels play nicer on some devices than on others. Did you install setCPU? IIRC, BB has it automatically overclocked to the highest setting by default. Try getting setCPU and see if throttling it down helps. On my particular device, everything 2.2 has been running hot except for Kangerade 5.09 and CM 6 RC2. It's mainly trial and error. Try out some different kernels, from ultra low voltage to low to standard, and if that doesn't help try out some different ROMs. Happy flashing!

Sent from my Droid
  3. amshea88

amshea88 New Member

Ok I will try getting that, however am I correct in believing that once it gets to that hot it is dangerous for the hardware of the phone?
  4. validoption

validoption New Member

Yes, though I can't remember what the danger limit is for the battery. I want to say fifty degrees Celsius. Unfortunately, with 2.2 we do not have a way (yet) to monitor the CPU temp, just the battery. But, I do know that the chip is rated at a higher temp than the battery, so the biggest concern you should have right now is overheating the battery.

Sent from my Droid
  5. Mikes85

Mikes85 New Member

New user here, Maybe i can give some insight.

As far as battery temp danger, SetCPU will allow you to set it higher than 50* C but that is the default setting for the warning/profile change (if you have the profile setup)
    I would reccomend getting SetCPU (although it's not absolutely needed for the BB V0.4)

My battery get's warm as well...you will feel some heat as you use it with ANY overclocked device like this. I don't think you have too much to worry about but if you are worried get SetCPU and set up profiles so that it automatically backs off the OC when the batt gets hot.

I will say that i'm running BB v0.4, with a theme installed, and a LV1.2ghz overclock with no problems so far....i do use themed SetCPU but it hasn't had to kick into "cool down" mode as of yet.

Hope that helps,
    Mike.
Search tags for this page
“cool down mode” or cool down message after rooting moto
after root device heat
after root heat phone
after rooting heat problam
after rooting heat problem
battery getting very hot after rooting
battery heat after root
cool down phone after root
device getting heat after root