Battery for Droid

tyroniousdex

Reaction score
I have been thinking... I have been enjoying this "Droid" thing. The phone, the support, the knowledge, the growth, the fun. It is cool.Seems pretty limitless. I even have 3 game systems with all of the games i played years ago in its exact state. But in the back of the my mind i see the one true bottleneck issue. The current battery is fine for very conservative usage of all the "funness" (how about that word?). A 32gb SD card and a slim battery that at least gives you a 50% increase in usage time would definitely "open" this phone up. when I bought this I had no idea that I was getting a portable, customizable and upgradable laptop replacement that happens to also be a great phone. I guess the release of DE just got me pontificating on the virtues of my little droid. Just my 2 cents. Happy as Helldancedroid

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
they do make extended batteries if that interests u

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
Juice defender (app) really helps, and if your rooted, then a low voltage kernel helps even more. Use setcpu (app) to set your idle clock speed as low as it can go in the profiles, and tweek the battery < x% ones too. My droid in stand by will have a charge literally for 24+ hours, when I'm using it at an average rate (say listen to music some, browse the web a little, stuff like that) I have to charge it in about 12 hours or so (these are ball park figures). A taskkiller can save you some battery too, because it takes apps outta the background that are eating up battery life.

OP
tyroniousdex

tyroniousdex

Reaction score
I have juice defender and ultimate juice. i guess what i am saying is that I have done everything on my end to conserve battery life. but with all the goodness this phone offers the only compromise seems to be the battery life. also the Seidio is not what I am looking for. They only offer a large battery or nothing.

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
I have juice defender and ultimate juice. i guess what i am saying is that I have done everything on my end to conserve battery life. but with all the goodness this phone offers the only compromise seems to be the battery life. also the Seidio is not what I am looking for. They only offer a large battery or nothing.

Try a low voltage kernel. What is your average usage? I get great battery life, so maybe you just have a bad battery? Try draining it to dead and letting it charge over night and see what happens.

OP
tyroniousdex

tyroniousdex

Reaction score
I am using P3droid L7 1000 kernel. i have Autokiller.Juice defender,Ultimate juice. i constantly let my battery deplete fully before recharge. But when u want a game machine, a video player, a music player, an internet browser, a rom changer and a phone. something gives and it usually is the length of the battery. If i do nothing but talk and moderate web browsing the battery life is phenomenal but if you add any other components then u r looking for your charger.

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
I am using P3droid L7 1000 kernel. i have Autokiller.Juice defender,Ultimate juice. i constantly let my battery deplete fully before recharge. But when u want a game machine, a video player, a music player, an internet browser, a rom changer and a phone. something gives and it usually is the length of the battery. If i do nothing but talk and moderate web browsing the battery life is phenomenal but if you add any other components then u r looking for your charger.

That is true, so true....

On my end I keep my phone set to 550mhz until I need to put some 'umph' in behind it. That really helps alot.

slinky

Reaction score
I have mine stock and use the lowest brightness setting. I need to check the actual time and usage but it MUST be recharged every day, typically must be near a charger. Could never do a full drain and then charge. Couldn't last here in the big city and recharge not fast enough. :) I use an amazing little Kensington charger battery for juice. Rather amazing and I think has enough for two full Droid charges.

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
i constantly let my battery deplete fully before recharge.

Which probably explains some of your poor performance. This is destroying your battery little by little. Stop doing this.

True, most people don't realize, but if you constantly drain your battery, your actually diminishing your power cells ability to hold a charge, it's a fact.

Read the bottom of the wiki page "Prolonging battery life"
Battery charger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
OP
tyroniousdex

tyroniousdex

Reaction score
update

I am using Chevy's Lv7 slot 1ghz kernels in conjunction with the Bugless Beast V.04(froyo) Rom and my battery life is ridiculous and heat is more than tolerable. He recommends not using and over clocking app or task killer. He cooked in auto functionality for both. i am a believer. dancedroidI don't have to charge my phone until i go to bed at night( It's not dead, 'round 50-60%). That's all I ever wanted.