1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Battery fluctuations after a restore.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by hrdnhvy, Sep 22, 2010.

1. hrdnhvy

hrdnhvy New Member

This has happened to me a few times now, running a rom, with 80% battery, the wiping, restoring the same rom but with a different kernel and after the restore I have 100% battery....does the restore the battery to what it was on that backup, I doubt thats possible but weird non the less.
  2. Skull One

Skull One New Member

If you restore a /data/system/batterystats.bin that was saved at 100%, yes it will display that till the next scheduled check of the battery level. Then it will detect a difference and then try to compensate by dropping the percentage very quickly till it catches up. That of course introduces a new situation, where the battery stats have now been "conditioned" to expect that kind of fall of from the battery, and you will now get false readings until a full power recycle or a full recharge and erasure of the stats file.
Search tags for this page

android battery fluctuates