Battery dying sooooo fast.

libtechlove

Reaction score
My battery is dying sooooo fast! Way faster than it ever has before. Like this morning I took it off the charger at around 7 15, forgot it when I left the house, and when I hot home only 3 hours later it was already in yellow. I had not used it at all and it barely lasted 3 hours.....any ideas before I take it to Verizon?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

SocalMike

Reaction score
Yea same here cant find a way to make the life better

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
L

libtechlove

Reaction score
And my dad has the same phone and he'll be txting and online all day and he can get around 36 hours out of it.....so idk if its an app that's draining the battery or what.

badgas

Reaction score
Same here ??

I have the incredible with the upgraded 1750 mah battery and it also sucks. Mine has been off the charger today for 6 hours and 20 min and awake for 2:35 min with 47 min of talk time. No apps running and the display as dim as possible and I have 40% remaining. IMO that is not a lot of use. We also have two Droid X's in out family and the battery life on those are WAY better than the incredible. The incredible does have the worst battery performance of all the Android phones.

OP
L

libtechlove

Reaction score
My dad uses the incredible. Also mine used to be fine, just the last few days it won't hold a charge. It also doesn't know what time it is.....I've pulled the battery and idk what else to so.

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Uninstall all apps that you've installed and readd them one by one. Or, you can do a factory reset in one fell swoop and take care of it at once.

bgunckel

Reaction score
That's interesting. If you don't mind my asking, what does that accomplish?

OP
L

libtechlove

Reaction score
It didn't fix my battery problem... it still will barely last 3 hours. Im taking it into Verizon

Alchemist945

Reaction score
Mine was doing that to it was a easy fix I turned the data always on the dubbled my battery life eight off the start and make sure gps and WiFi is off I can use my dinc for around 15 hours with heavy texting and its the stock battery

Arcangl123

Reaction score
Just to add my 2 cents. I have noticed the same thing.

When I got my phone, opening day, the phone was known and was a battery life POS. Then FROYO came out and wa'la all was good in my life. I was getting 32 hours from the miserable 10 to 12 prior to. Well that has all changed now.

IMO it has been ever since the last update I got from Verizon. Not sure of all the good it did. Even Verizon could not tell me all it was for. What I can see is that now "Slacker Radio" and "Skype" are hard wired into the FROYO/Verizon software. I have done some searching and have found that "Slacker Radio" is a known battery hog. The funny thing is that I do not use Slacker, I am a "Pandora" fan. I have even turned off the updates for this APP but no joy.

Comments?

Last edited:
OP
L

libtechlove

Reaction score
Yeah I don't use radio at all, but I was pretty sure apps were eating up my battery, but I've reset many apps and uninstalled a bunch that I don't use anymore, and even some I did use. However I didn't notice a difference at all. What really helped me was from the previous post about the networks(thank you sooo much!) My WiFi connection was turned on even tho it wasn't connected. So what I can determine is I had both WiFi and the mobile network turned on and it destroyed my battery. By turning off the WiFi I have already noticed a huge difference in just half a day.

Arcangl123

Reaction score
This may be the case. I will say that I always have my wifi on because of my work and home networks. Again, after the FROYO initial update my setting were the same as now and I did not notice this extreme battery usage. But since this unknown update (unknown cause I cant figure out what it did) my battery sucks. By the way I have the 1750 sedio battery as well.

What can anyone say about a ROM update or should we just live with it until Gingerbread comes to DINC?

Arcangl123

Reaction score
Well I will concede and say thank you and you were right. As soon as I got home I waited for full charge and before unplugging I turned off WiFi. 8 hours later I am at 75%. Better than I have seen in at least a month.

Again, Thanks! Will keep you posted if this last.

Steve on my Incredible

Korrupt

Reaction score
nice battery fix for those who don't want to shell out money:if you want your battery life to be doubled and the charge speed to be tripled then root your phone, download cyanogenmod6.1, and then get incrediblek kernel #28. Battery life is superb now. There are chances of u bricking ur phone and those who arent tech savvy are not recommended to folo this procedure tho.

bgunckel

Reaction score
Makes sense, since it's undervolted and includes the smartass governor.