1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Battery Dying due to Media Process

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Tech Support' started by shobe, Aug 19, 2012.

1. shobe

shobe Member

Need to get some assistance with an issue that I've been having since Monday. My battery has been dying after only 4 hours with nothing turned on (i.e. bluetooth/ wifi / gps ). Just sitting on my desk with little to no interaction with the phone at all. I have the radio set to 3G only since 4G has been crap and I'm sick of data drops.

When I look at Battery Usage to see what is using the most, I see the following as the top offender

Media:
    OMA Download
    Download Manager
    Media Storage
    Downloads
    MediaSync
    com.motorola.android.omadrm
    DRM Protected Content Storage

As part of my troubleshooting, I uninstalled 2 apps that I was no longer using that I installed the day before (Groupon and Osheaga). I also deleted all music from my system. This had no effect. I took it into my local Verizon store and they gave me a new battery without even really looking at the device (real helpful there despite telling them my findings).

I know this has to be an app thing and am pretty sure a reset to factory defaults would fix the issue, but would like to see if this can be resolved without going the "scorched earth" route.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

system version: 5.9.905.xt875

Kernel ver: 2.6.35.7-g4fc328e

Build #: 5.5.1_84_dbn-74

All Stock / Non - Rooted

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2
Search tags for this page
android battery media -mediaserver -media server com.motorol

android media process battery

android process media battery

android.media process battery

com.motorola.android.omadrm