1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Battery drains when plugged in and using Google Navigation

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Blitz, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Blitz

Blitz New Member

So I noticed over the past couple of days that when I use my phone as a GPS (Google Navigation) that the battery drains even when I have it plugged in with my Motorola Car Charger and the Motorola Car Mount for the Droid. This really bugs me because if I have a low battery from normal usage, and then I need to travel using my GPS, I can't, because the battery on the phone will just die...

Anyone else having this problem? Is there a fix to this?
  2. pilot25

pilot25 New Member

3. Blitz

Blitz New Member

Thank you. I will move my discussion there.
  4. thaJack

thaJack New Member

Glad to know it is not just me. It does that on both my droid and my wife's.

I noticed it the first weekend I had it and Verizon Wireless told me it was the fault of my T-Mobile charger I was using in the car. It wasn't, but you can't sit there and argue with them when they claim that there isn't a standard micro-USB cable.

It will charge all the way up, stay there for a while, and then begin to drain. If you look at the battery status, though, it indicates that it is charging.
Search tags for this page
battery dies when using google navigation

google navigation battery drain

google navigation drain battery

google navigation drains battery

gps google maps drains battery even on charger
htc rezound died while using navigation
why is myphone battery draining when i have it pluged up