Battery drains fast!

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by dustinslee, Dec 16, 2011.

1. alboboy10

alboboy10 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19
    How...that's a lot. The fact that there are phones that get such great battery life makes me wonder why there's such a discrepancy from phone to phone.

2. Htown315

Htown315 Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Idk but I guarantee my phone was only awake for 1h22m and not the 2h44m that it states in settings. Fwiw I'm on CNA and lean 151 exp 180-1200 @ Imo's voltages.

3. Htown315

Htown315 Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Update: I am correct that android os is reporting false awake times(x2 of reality). I used my phone for 1 additional hour and Android OS awake time increased by 2 hours.

4. garfull

garfull New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My battery started out only lasting 5-6 hours. This was bad and I almost sent the phone back. But after a 2 weeks I can make it a whole day and charge my phone at work in stead of at home. I usually put about 1.5-2 hrs of screen on time with it.

5. alboboy10

alboboy10 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19
    My android os is 4 times more. Today I'm having good battery and my android os is sitting at 40%. This phone is strange. I wanna do a factory reset because that sometimes solves everything but I can't back everything up with my backup because the phone doesn't have an SD card.

6. leearmijo

leearmijo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    anybody got any suggestions. i end up at about 45% only using it for 2 hours of light to medium use. i am on aokp, with franco #13 kernal, litterally everything is off. i have 3g on with a dim screen.

7. untoothedyouth

Ratings:
    +0
    Not until Google fixes what ever "Android OS" is doing keeping the phone awake and sending data will it get fixed.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

8. alboboy10

alboboy10 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19
    This is horrible. I would reset the phone to factory settings and maybe even remove that rom or kernel. Try something thats more popular with people that are having good luck with their roms.

9. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    Update to Franco's #13.1. And make sure you are on either the AOKP Milestone 2 or the latest Build 19. I had exceptionally good battery life with AOKP Milestone2.

About Keep Awake:

There seems to be two "fixes" according to Franco (of kernel fame). One concerns the camera. Seems the camera is started and then turned off during startup. But in so doing, it leaves a sensor active and this prevents the phone from actually going to sleep. So he recommends starting and using the back button to go back to the home screen. The other is DRM Protected Content. He recommends this be disabled or frozen. A third, that I don't believe I recall seeing him recommend but that I have seen on his thread at XDA (down for blackout right now) is to disable Maps.

I have done all three of those and my Keep Awake time has gone from 40-50% of my total battery time down to a few percentage points. I mean if I don't use my phone it will now show less than a minute of Keep Awake time per hour.

Good luck

10. lazarus2297

lazarus2297 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I saw someone mention Google talk as a culprit for the camera issue and since I don't use Google talk I delete it.. also I am not sure how to disable drm content but since I don't have any music/movies on my phone I ddknt think that applies and I use maps too much to disable it..
    My battery life on standby is pretty good with either Pete's nightly roms or ARHD and imoysen's lean kernel..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Search tags for this page

aldiko premium drains battery

droid phone battery drains fast

galaxy fit battery drain

my galaxy 3s battery is draining fast

my galaxy s4 battery discharges quickly

nexus 4 battery draining fast

s4 battery drain so fast

samsung 3s battery hours

why my samsung s4 battery drain very fast

why samsung s4 battery drain very fast