Battery drains fast!

wolstonc

Reaction score
Every time I view these screens I hit the back buttons in then lol. Anyway, how to take a screenshot? And I though discharge and then recharging to condition the battery was a myth?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Reaction score
Every time I view these screens I hit the back buttons in then lol. Anyway, how to take a screenshot? And I though discharge and then recharging to condition the battery was a myth?

Hold down volume down button and power button. You will see a little animation and its automatically saved to the gallery.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Battery life really isn't so great on this phone. Was in an area of basically no connection last night and I dropped 15% in a matter of 10 minutes. Ended up connecting to the wifi for the next 3hrs and by the time I left I was down to 32%. I did some browsing, words with friends, a youtube video, and some google music on the way there and home. Think the phone was unplugged for a total of about 4hrs and dropped that much.

It was recommended I factory reset as someone mentioned they had this battery problem once they rooted their phone on their Thunderbolt. Anyone see better results on your Nexus once they factory reset after they root?

PhishyKris

Reaction score
batt life may be bad but this thing charges very quickly. I carry a mophie juice station and it does the trick.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
batt life may be bad but this thing charges very quickly. I carry a mophie juice station and it does the trick.

When it comes to charging does yours go all the way to 100%? Mine did the first night, but since then it's been staying at 98% or 99%...charges when I go to sleep so it charges for at least 8hrs

PhishyKris

Reaction score
That happens on my Lenovo laptop as well. I'm not sure why exactly. Someone here should know.

wil318466

Reaction score
When it comes to charging does yours go all the way to 100%? Mine did the first night, but since then it's been staying at 98% or 99%...charges when I go to sleep so it charges for at least 8hrs

I'm having the same issue. It only goes to 98 or 99%. When I woke up this morning I thought that was really strange.

I'll give a few more days and see if it improves.

OP
D

dustinslee

Reaction score
Time for a charge

phillyphill39

Reaction score
i have 72% charge, with 3 hours of usage. I turned offthe gps cuz thats on by default. i turned off the beam feature, no bluetooth/wifi. auto brightness

jcardona1

Reaction score
I'm getting about 7 hours on the extended battery with light use. Without touching the phone, I'll lose about 10%/hour. There's a long thread over on XDA talking about this.

Seems to be an issue with the stock kernel and Android OS staying awake and chewing up the battery. Hopefully some custom kernels come out soon to help fix this, so don't hold your breath waiting for google to take care of it.

bigeric828

Reaction score
I'm getting about 7 hours on the extended battery with light use. Without touching the phone, I'll lose about 10%/hour. There's a long thread over on XDA talking about this.

Seems to be an issue with the stock kernel and Android OS staying awake and chewing up the battery. Hopefully some custom kernels come out soon to help fix this, so don't hold your breath waiting for google to take care of it.

can we get a link? I want to read up on it.

scdown

Reaction score
Just got 22 hours out of the standard battery before it shut down. Light use yesterday afternoon and last night, virtually constant use over the last 6-7 hours. Battery is at 46% after being on wall charger 35 minutes. I'm impressed.

OP
D

dustinslee

Reaction score
Just got 22 hours out of the standard battery before it shut down. Light use yesterday afternoon and last night, virtually constant use over the last 6-7 hours. Battery is at 46% after being on wall charger 35 minutes. I'm impressed.

how in the crap! i wanna know every app on your phone and a screen shot