Battery drains fast!

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by dustinslee, Dec 16, 2011.

1. ntrddragn

ntrddragn Member

Ratings:
    +7
    not sure if my battery is doing good or bad but here it is. stock, not rooted, 4g all the time never set to 3g since i turned it on, screen bright to max (auto). View attachment 45874 View attachment 45875

2. untoothedyouth

Ratings:
    +0
    Its Android OS. Google needs to get on this mess.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

3. SSHGuru

SSHGuru Silver Member

Ratings:
    +30
    That's normal and healthy for the battery. Not pathetic.

4. alboboy10

alboboy10 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19
    How's it healthy? My friends 4s doesn't do that. None of their iPhones do. Every android has this problem I think. There are days where it lasts more than others. I don't get it. With similar use.

5. SSHGuru

SSHGuru Silver Member

Ratings:
    +30
    If you take the time to read through some of the battery threads here there are some that will explain it to you.

The IPhone may say 100% but it may in reality be 97%.

Customers would rather see 100% so the manufacturers make that happen. However for the health of the battery they never charge all the way. Android phones are more honest and in particular the Nexus.

6. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,671
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
  7. alboboy10

alboboy10 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Just want it to last longer than it does now. I feel like something is running draining my battery. Cause before this the battery was better.

Strangely though somehow I don't have the problem of my phone charging slow anymore. It charges blazingly fast now.

8. lazarus2297

lazarus2297 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    My battery synopsis

here is my take on the battery life...

Those that have claimed 24hrs or more on battery life and have posted screen shots have only been proving one thing.. if you have the phone on wifi.. and the top things eating your battery are screen, android os, phone idle, (basically standard phone operating stuff) then it's probably safe to say your not really using the phone that much.. What you need to post is the screenshot that shows your battery graph with the screen on , idle graph at the bottom.. my usage today was very lite and I am at 13.5 hours now and 7%... That sounds ok, but i was on wifi for like 6-7 hours.. with no phone calls, texts, or any real internet usage until I went out to eat after church tonight. Here is what i notice if you just take out your phone to check email, browse some internet app, for a couple mins here and there your battery will do ok, you can even have lots of "screen on" time as long as it's spread out, but when you actually put it prolonged screen on time (like 15-20 mins) the battery will PLUNGE.. Tonight mine went from like 40 to 12 in like 12 mins while my son was playing Flick-it-golf which is seen in the battery graph screenshot below as the first 3/4 of the graph show a pretty gradual loss then it just drops like a rock.. I don't attribute this to android OS or anything, I mean it's purely the gorgeous (huge) screen sucking the life out of the battery..

My screen on time was 2hr 23mins 33secs out of 13hr 40m 56s..

Until battery technology changes to keep up with bigger screens/faster processors... then we will have to get used to charging when we get the opportunity.. I just got my phone replaced and this battery is only on the second full charge cycle so I am purposely letting it die, otherwise i would have charged it in the car on the way to the restaurant tonight..
    View attachment 45917 View attachment 45918

9. WookieClaws

WookieClaws Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm experiencing something very close to the last poster. I was out and about Friday night and using my phone a lot and the battery last 2+ hours. I swapped to a 2nd battery and got another 2+ hours.

On Sunday I was home, on wifi and using the phone here and there. The battery went almost 13 hours, but the screen on time was 2.5 hours.

That seems to be the magic number, 2.5 hours of screen on time. I bought the external battery charger for convenience but it came with another battery. So for now I will swap batteries (have 3) around so I can use my phone like it was meant to be used.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

#333 WookieClaws, Jan 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  10. alboboy10

alboboy10 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19
    My phone just lost 8% in 50 minutes with no use at all. None at all. Android os 51%

All the time it was on standby. Something is running in the background killing the phone.

11. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    You need to investigate the "Keep Awake" bug. Sure sounds like you've got it. Settings/Battery and then press on the Android OS on the chart. You can then compare your "Keep Awake" time to your total battery time and to your screen time. Ideally the Keep Awake time would almost be equal to the screen time.

Good luck.

12. alboboy10

alboboy10 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Screen is at 12 minutes. Keep awake at 51. Extremely light use of the phone today and the battery still goes on standby.
    When I first got the phone it was better on standby even on 4g.

How do I investigate it idk what to do?

I want to a factory reset but how am I gonna get the screen and the apps the way they are now. I don't wanna redo everything

Search tags for this page

aldiko premium drains battery

droid phone battery drains fast

galaxy fit battery drain

my galaxy 3s battery is draining fast

my galaxy s4 battery discharges quickly

nexus 4 battery draining fast

s4 battery drain so fast

samsung 3s battery hours

why my samsung s4 battery drain very fast

why samsung s4 battery drain very fast