Battery drains fast!

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by dustinslee, Dec 16, 2011.

1. kristinz84

kristinz84 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh, I never noticed that.

2. Jawbone

Jawbone Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I am running the default 350min 1200 Max "Interactive". When Charging I do not limit it but when on battery & screen off I set the Max to 350 power saver.

I really beleive Juice defender is contributing more to my battery savings...

3. Jawbone

Jawbone Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I am stock rooted which you need to be for setCPU. Rooting was pretty easy. I used the instructions used on Droid-Life but others have had success with instructions on this forum

Here is the link to the rooting procedure I used.

Unlocking Bootloader here:
    How to: Unlock the Galaxy Nexus Bootloader – Droid Life

Rooting Here:
    How to: Root the Galaxy Nexus 4G LTE, Flash a Custom Recovery and Make a Backup [Verizon] – Droid Life

I just saw this today but have not personally tried it.
    Simple Galaxy Nexus LTE Root/Unlock and Unroot/Re-Lock Tool Released – Droid Life

Good Luck
    Cheers,
    Jeff

4. PhishyKris

PhishyKris Member

Ratings:
    +1
    [h=2]Seidio 3800mAh batt![/h]
    oh MAN this thing is going to be HUGE and it will NOT support NFC. I personally don't care about NFC and wonder what the case will look like.

seidioonline.com

5. vicky1377

vicky1377 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I haven't been on this forum lately :). Thanks Jeff, much appreciated. YEah, I want to do the same. I just want to root it and keep the stock ROM for now since I'm happy with it at least for now, will see in near future if I decide to flash custom rom. I will certainly do backups first before I go further. I was on XDA developers for hours yesterday reading through the entire post, messages, replies, issues, resolutions etc.. all related to rooting. I'm a lead IT consultant myself. What do you think of this? I'm sure you might have already seen it though. Let me know what you think. Very interesting stuff and the guy really spent lots of time I guess. Thanks again.

[GN TOOLKIT V2.2] Unlock, Root, CWM + Flash Your 1ST Galaxy Nexus Rom For Newbs [GSM] - xda-developers

- Vick

6. untoothedyouth

Ratings:
    +0
    Its Android OS sending/receiving data in the background that's the culprit. I've tried everything and turning data off is the only thing that worked.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

7. Juicemane

Juicemane Bang Bang
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Uninstall Google+ or freeze it. After a reboot open then close the camera application. Some users have reported that the camera shutter hangs upon reboot and the only way to fix it is to open/close the app. Also in regards to google+ apparently its just a data syncing whore and chews up battery, I personally do both and have noticed much better battery life.

8. alboboy10

alboboy10 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19
    My phone is weird. Without data enabled this phone lasts forever even constantly texting.

But on standby on battery it dies pretty quick.

When I first got it it was different. Androids are very inconsistent in this

9. syndicate0017

syndicate0017 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +48
    Your phone isn't weird...that makes complete sense. With data disabled, its just like a dumb phone. It could go a week on a single charge.

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using Tapatalk

10. alboboy10

alboboy10 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Yea but in the beginning even on 4g it was good. Let alone 3g it could last forever. Something I think is running in the background killing the battery. Android os when I don't touch it is at 50% almost.

I'm doing a reset now but I don't wanna lose everything. Since this phone doesn't have an SD card do you guys know how to back up the phone fully and restoring it later? I'm using my back up pro now.

Other phones don't die this quick with data enabled. Why do iPhones go on forever even with data on.

11. dureyes

dureyes New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Changing to 3G only

Go to settings go first selection "Wireless & Networks" and click on "More" than select "Mobile Networks" than select "Network Mode" and than select "CDMA" Done.

12. alboboy10

alboboy10 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19
    I know how to change to 3g...but the phone lately has had bad battery. Even on standby today in the morning with absolutely no use at all my phone went to 96% in like half an hour. That's pathetic. Android os was like 50%

Search tags for this page

aldiko premium drains battery

droid phone battery drains fast

galaxy fit battery drain

my galaxy 3s battery is draining fast

my galaxy s4 battery discharges quickly

nexus 4 battery draining fast

s4 battery drain so fast

samsung 3s battery hours

why my samsung s4 battery drain very fast

why samsung s4 battery drain very fast